Saturday, October 27, 2012

I’ll Miss Her.

-
Most of you probably read here, not long ago, that I deleted three people from my friends list on Facebook due to their incessant rooting for Obama and hate-filled diatribes against Republicans. Understand, I am no longer a Republican myself, having found the leadership near carbon copies of Democrats. However, hate-filled rants against ANYONE grow very tiring very quickly and are troubling to the soul. Rooting for Obama, after four years of treason, strikes me as either a sign of complete immorality, or complete foolishness. More than one verse in the Bible warns us not to waste our time trying to reason with fools. Still, I truly liked one of the guys who I deleted, and it caused me no small amount of sadness to severe the connection.

And so, today, it was with sadness that I read that one of my fellow bloggers and Facebook friends had voted early for Obama, and was doing the same thing I’d done recently, but in the other direction. Knowing that I was probably in her sights already, I deleted her from my friends list. Later, she sent a message “inviting” me to quit following her blog. Strangely enough, I didn’t find myself there to delete, so maybe she found a way to do it herself.

I’ll miss the lady’s down-home poems and prose. I’ll miss her open-hearted concern for others. I’ll miss having a fellow Christian to pray for my concerns and to ask me to pray for her concerns in return. Most of all, though, I am amazed. I’m amazed that anyone can completely separate their Christianity from their business, or their politics.

There is a vast multitude of political and constitutional reasons for not supporting Obama, but how any Christian can support him is especially beyond me. The man has been caught in lie after lie. He’s decided to tow the party line and support sodomy. And, of course, he believes it’s perfectly okay to murder unborn babies so their mothers won’t be inconvenienced.

I can understand anyone’s lack of happiness with the current crop of candidates. However, the lady’s ability to completely ignore common sense and toss Christian values to the wind disappoints me. Though I’ll miss the lady, I guess what I feel most is that disappointment. © 2012
-

16 comments:

Hack said...

NO real, true follower of Christ supports Obama, or anyone who supports policies directly against the teaching of Jesus.

Angela said...

I don't know how any Christian could vote for the man either! His bold support for abortion makes me come to the conclusion that perhaps he and his wife have had several abortions and feel that was a right thing to do. Abortion is killing an innocent baby! My sister had a friend who was married. They both had good jobs and had just bought a house when the wife found out she was pregnant. They didn't want the baby at the time because it wasn't "their" right time so she had an abortion. Can you believe that? They were married, had jobs and even had a house and they killed their own baby! They were church going supposedly Christians also. When they decided that it was the right time for them to have a baby they couldn't conceive. They tried everything. They went to all the specialty doctors and spent lots of money but God won't bless them with a baby now because they killed the one that He gave them! Shockingly they are still married after all these years too. Rant about abortion over!

JMD said...

Obviously it is a touchy subject for a lot of people. I refuse to discuss the issue with neighbors. Frankly, at this stage if people cannot figure out what is going on there is nothing I can say to them. Our country is so corrupt politically and it is sad, wish it wasn't so.

Country Life said...

Sorry to hear of your sadness Gorges hopefully things will get better, our country needs prayer so very much at this time.
God Bless
Kim

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks for your understanding and patience, folks.

Linda said...

Being in Canada I won't comment on the political aspect of this, but I wanted to say that my heart goes out to you, Gorges. I left Facebook 5 months ago because of the nonsense. I am the type of person that, even if I love a particular website, etc., if it tends to cause me more heartache and anger, I get rid of it; thus I did. I will say that I echo Hack's sentiments. Thank you so much for sharing.

kymber said...

the disappointment is the hardest thing to get over. i understand. and sympathize. it hurts. disappointment just hurts.

your friend,
kymber

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks for your comments, ladies.

lani said...

i'm not following the whole political issues in USA but I hope you and your friend get back on amicable terms

Pumice said...

The kids at school are always asking who I am voting for. I have no problem telling them but they just yell "racist" so I have gone to another answer. I say I am voting for the man who is against abortion, thinks marriage is between one man and one women, is willing to let me own a gun as long as I am responsible and not crazy and, I added a new one recently, is open to school vouchers.

I then tell them that if that doesn't answer their question, they don't know enough to get an answer.

They still yell, "Racist" but I can hope they will think.

One asked my why I was against "gay marriage." I told her because that is what my Bible taught. More people should look to see what the Bible has to say about issues (abortion and marriage, not guns and schools).

A bit long for a comment, but you are spot on.

Grace and peace

Brenda said...

All things work together for good to those who love God,to them who are the called according to his purpose.-Romans 8:28

You have this comfort to back you up.

Gorges Smythe said...

Bless you, lani.

Thanks, Pumice.

Thanks, Brenda. Maybe both sides are better off then.

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

Are you so sure that he believes it’s perfectly okay to murder unborn babies so their mothers won’t be inconvenienced or that he realizes that making something illegal does nothing to change what is in the hearts of those who really don't see anything wrong with aborting babies? I don't know the answer, but I felt compelled to ask the question.

Isserfiq said...

Not that it is any comfort but there is a lot of that going on these days. I was recently called a racist and "unfriended" by my high-school roommate after I posted a reference in favor of voter ID. Particularly ironic as 30 years ago I was the only one among 370 students who voluntarily chose to room with him, the only black student in our boarding school.

Gorges Smythe said...

It's a fair question, Jerry, but babies die, whatever his reasoning.

Isserfiq, it's so much easier for them to accuse others than question their own logic.

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

Yes, abortion is indeed murder, but the point that most keep ignoring is that it is those who see nothing wrong with having an abortion who are the ones who are in the real danger. For the souls of those aborted babies go straight to our Heavenly Father's bosom to spend all of eternity with Him in His Kingdom of Heaven as full and equal heirs to all that is His in glory without having to experience all of the "wonders" of this world. Whereas, unrepentant sinners face eternal damnation, and even in the cases of those who do repent before it is too late, they face having to live with what they have done (or at least helped to do) to the most innocent of the innocent. Therefore, a change of heart is what is needed, and no law (not even our Heavenly Father's) can accomplish this. Subsequently, when this change of heart is accomplished, it won't matter if it is legal to have an abortion or not.