Sunday, October 14, 2012

More Random Thoughts

-
Ever notice that cops rarely stop luxury cars, but seem to concentrate on poor folks instead?

How is it that each day at work drags by, yet the week seems to fly and the weekend ROCKETS past?

If you can judge by TV reality shows, Alaskan cops average much, much nicer than cops in other states, and especially nicer than those in large cities.

They’re spending mega-millions to move and display the space shuttles. I wonder how many hungry children could have been fed with that money.

I get a mite curious when waiters and waitresses try to pretend like they’re so much better than the people they’re serving. Just who is working for $2.35 an hour? Furthermore, considering that they depend on tips to make decent money, why would they want to insult the customers in the first place?

I wonder why it is that the more people that read my blog, the fewer comments I get.

Since our money is so worthless that a penny made before 1982 is worth two cents in junk price, maybe we should go on a copper standard. Oops, no, the government would make it illegal to own copper then; wouldn’t they?

Did you ever notice that half the policemen out there are so psycho that they shouldn’t even be allowed to own guns, let alone carry them. That sure makes things bad for the other half.

My great-aunt used to always quote HER aunt who said, “The time to be savin’ is when you have plenty.” My grandmother, on the other hand, was always telling me how the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I remember that whenever I see some bleeding heart liberal trying to force the world to do things HIS way.

Why is it that the least qualified person always wants to be the leader?

Aren’t you glad we don’t get all the government that we pay for?

Sometimes, the difference between quality and junk is only a few cents, or a few dollars. Buying junk NEVER saves you money. © 2012
-

7 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I'd have to seriously think about eating at the restaurant where your servers are employed. My daughter manages the bar at the restaurant she works at. She markets herself like crazy, spending her own money to get great tunes on the jukebox, occasionally personally buying a round for her regulars, knowing what everyone normally has, making a good atmosphere, etc. They even text her to find out what days she will be working. Regardless of what type of job you have and how much you make at it, you have to strive to be the best at that job that you can be.

A quote attributed to Martin Luther King Jr.
If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the host of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well.

JMD said...

Lol...yes, I am glad we don't get all the government we pay for. Less would be most welcome.

Gorges Smythe said...

A good server (or manager. for that matter) can make dining out a real pleasure, Kathy. Your daughter is a wise young lady. King was using Biblical principles in his statement.

I agree, JMD!

Ian said...

Lots of good points in there! Well, I don't know how "good" they are, but they seem to hit the target!

Pumice said...

I look forward to seeing full posts on each of these random thoughts. It will keep me so busy I won't have time to comment.

One reason might be that people can read without having to figure out how to leave comments.

Grace and peace.

Linda said...

LOL Gorges. As far as the more people that read your blog, the fewer comments you get. I don't generally respond to political topics, as I honestly don't feel informed enough and just don't know what to say...no matter who's blog it is. I enjoy reading your thoughts. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, Ian.

No promises, Pumice!

You're welcome, Linda, and thank you.