Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jodie And Kathy Lee

-
It was 2 AM and I figured that I might as well put out the dog, since I was up. My wife hadn't been able to get to sleep and still had her TV on. When asked if I knew that Jodie Foster was gay, I told her that I hadn't heard, but that nothing surprised me out of Hollywood types. I'd always figured her for a mixed-up sort anyway. My wife said that she'd just admitted it on "her" show, pointing at Kathy Lee Gifford on the screen.

I used to respect Kathy Lee for standing up for what she believed. She used to seem a little naive, but decent. Then she went Hollywood. The last time I'd seen her had been on a construction show where she wandered around a home construction site, wine glass in hand, trying to be cute, sexy or amusing - and failing miserably. I have nothing against a Christian having a glass of wine with their meal, but wandering around a construction site in the middle of the day with a wine glass in your hand doesn't seem a wise thing to do.

I don't know if Hollywood has ruined her, or if her husband's indiscretions have driven her over the edge, but she's "not the person that she used to be." Maybe she never was. One thing's for sure, she won't be the one to show Jodie the error of her ways.
-

4 comments:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

I can not watch her on her daytime show that she shares with another lady. It airs here in the morning and their both sitting there drinking wine. So I guess her wine days have continued. Strange that they would show these ladies sitting on a talk show drinking wine.
I was really disappointed when I watched the Global Awards or whatever their called the other night. It seems everyone on there was drunk or pretending to be.
I do know that Foster made an announcement that she was single but I did not know she was gay.
Hope your staying warm.
Maggie

Gorges Smythe said...

You can probably see why I don't watch much TV anymore, Maggie. And yes, I'm staying warm. Hope you're doing well, also.

Crystal Mary said...

Yes I heard Jodie Foster make that declaration, it doesn't surprise me,I have never felt good about her, and people are becoming more brazen.
It seems the in thing to be as smug and as cheap as possible.

Gorges Smythe said...

Your last line says it all.