Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pistol-Packin' Papaw

-
Today I got my training for concealed carry. The instructor focused mostly on safety, rather than trying to turn us into effective gun-fighters. That was fine by me. The next step will be to take $100 down to the sheriff's office for a background check. I guess I'll learn then whether Obama's DHS has labeled me as a terrorist for being a conservative former republican, that supports the Constitution, the Second Amendment and the rest of the Bill of Rights, believes that Jesus is Lord, and says so in no uncertain terms two different places online. I may also learn if the sheriff still considers me a mortal enemy for opposing some of his actions in the local newspaper a few years ago. Time will tell.
-

7 comments:

Mamahen said...

Good luck!! I will be curious to see how this goes for you!!

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, Mh!

Phillip said...

Considering your description of yourself, you fit the terrorist bill perfectly.

Mamma Bear said...

Godo for you GS! Several in my family has theirs. My niece had her paperwork sent back for her to re-do because she marked the wrong block that ask if she was a US citizen! bahahah I am surprised they did not pass her with flying colors!

Pumice said...

Where I live only Democratic politicians and their rich supporters need bother to apply. If I could afford to retire I would get out of the Land of Fruit, Nuts and Flakes.

Grace and peace

Michael Silvius said...

I expect Mr Holder would certainly label you a terrorist. ;-) Come to think of it didn't Obumer say something about typical white guys clinging to guns and religion? The CC class we did 4 years ago focused almost exclusively on legal issues but it met the requirement for the permit.

Gorges Smythe said...

Sadly enough, I DO fit the description that THIS perverted administration uses, Phillip. They were hoping their best to pin the Boston bombing on "right-wing extremists."

They probably WOULD have if she'd marked hispanic or arab. MB!

It's a shame you can't, Pumice, but I fully understand tenure.

Guilty as charged, Michael.