Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hell-Bound Children


Non-Christian readers can stop here if they wish, since this post is actually geared towards Christians.

A lot of folks don’t want to think about it, but we are BORN heading for Hell. Of course, all we have to do is to accept Jesus as our savior and we’ll be headed AWAY from that place and TOWARD a home in Heaven. All around me, I see young to middle-age adults whose parents saw to it that they learned about Jesus early on. Many got saved, but then drifted away from church for various reasons, many perfectly legitimate. Since I believe that once a person is TRULY saved that they stay that way, I consider them “good to go.” (Yes, I know that many of you don’t hold that belief, but bear with me.)


The problem is, they’ve had children along the way that are NOT being taken to church OR being taught about Jesus at home. They are blithely letting their kids go down the road to Hell without a second thought. They might talk about the age of accountability, but if there is one (the Bible doesn’t say), going by Jewish tradition would mean they’re still Hell-bound, once they turn 13. Do they not love their children? They ply them with ipads, iphones, video games and other things that will be out of date in a year or two, but completely ignore helping their children to find the same eternal security that THEY have. I guess it must just be part of the “ME” culture of the modern world. When those parents get to Heaven, I fear that one of the things they’ll find that they’ll have to be forgiven for is the blood of their own children on their hands. It’s a sad state of affairs. © 2013
-

7 comments:

Pumice said...

While I don't agree with your assumption in the first paragraph I am totally with you on the second. Sometimes 50% is all I can give.

Grace and peace.

Gorges Smythe said...

I've learned to just take whatever comes my way, Pumice. :-)

deborah harvey said...

once when our daughter was very small, we saw something on tv where parents were asked their hopes and goals for their kids.

my daughter asked if i had any for her.
i replied that my only desire for her was to always follow and remember Jesus, no matter what else happens.
i don't believe the parents you speak of are what you protestants call 'truly saved' or their one goal would be the salvation of their kids
as for the kids of these people, if they have been properly raised and constantly prayed for 'when they are old they will not depart from it'.
but there may be many aberrations and youthful confusion in the interim.
keep praying!!
love, deb harvey

Gorges Smythe said...

No doubt you're right, deb.

Mamahen said...

I always say my daughter was saved in spite of me. When I divorced her father, I was not in a very vood place in my life, and was so backslidden she really couldn't tell I was saved. Long story short , school friend invited her to bible school where she accepted the Lord and later went to a Baptist college, which she paid for herself. while she was away the Lord kept talking to me. Things like ," look how hard your child works for Me what are you doing" Finally I found my way back in church a
d serving God. Thank God he is so forgiving! And thank God I know where my child will spend eternity!

Abraham Lincoln said...

100 billion galaxies. Our Milky Way is one. We are on or in it. People on Earth point up when they indicate where Heaven is and down to Hell. I have no idea where, among the galaxies, Heaven is. The location has eluded scientists who look up all their lives and apparently miss it.

I have come to the conclusion that Heaven is in my mind and Hell is there too. But I can't prove it.

Gorges Smythe said...

To each there own, Mr. Lincoln, but your comment DID remind me of a sermon that I heard many years ago. A guest pastor at the church I then attended went on for the better part of an hour preaching that Heaven is NORTH. It was one of the most worthless sermons I've ever heard, but it was certainly memorable!