Saturday, June 15, 2013

My Day (Yesterday, since it’s 1AM now!)

-
The wife and I slept way too late, so we went to town and got pizza for lunch, picked up some milk for us and a cheeseburger for the dog, mailed a coin I’d sold on eBay, and came back home. We noticed a couple young fellows in a little red car that seemed awfully interested in our place as we left. So, we followed them back and forth at a distance a couple times, until they seemed to get nervous and left the neighborhood. I got a description of the driver and car, plus the license number. I probably should give them to the sheriff’s department, since we’ve had some vandalism in the area lately. Neither of us felt up to snuff today, so we took a nap when we came back!

I’d planned to pick some greens this evening, but my wife INSISTED that I mow the yard, so there ARE no greens to pick now. I’m glad the lawn is done, though; it’s supposed to rain Sunday. I put some more topsoil around the potato plants in the tire. My wife tried to lean out the window and blow some leaves off the porch roof with the blower, but all she managed to do was pile them up out next to the gutter. She’s no longer able to climb out the window to get on the porch roof like she did when she was younger. Now I’m going to have to see if I can get up the ladder with my bad knee, tomorrow, and sweep them off before they get rained on again.

Three times this winter, I heard cars hit deer in front of my house. Each time, the car and the deer were both gone by the time I looked. As I mowed today, I came across part of the spine and ribs from what looked like one of last year’s deer. The bones were weathered and picked clean. It had apparently died in the little finger of woods between me and my neighbor a hundred yards to the south. Being winter, it didn’t stink as the critters slowly ate everything that wasn’t too big to chew. Something had drug it out into the edge of the yard since the last mowing. Like probably 90% of deer collisions, it was more than likely completely unnecessary.


I read on the internet tonight that 62% of voters think it’s okay for the government to read and listen to their personal communications. Imagine, only 38% of the voters have the slightest shred of intelligence! Even worse, that 62% INCLUDED so-called conservatives! I’m glad I’m a Christian; I’d hate to think that this insane world was all there is. © 2013
-

6 comments:

Penny said...

Insane, indeed! But at least you're here to toss a little reason into the mix.

Gorges Smythe said...

But am I insane, myself, for bothering, Penny? Remember what Einstein said about doing the same thing and expecting different results? ;-)

Pumice said...

It would seem that Romney's 47% was too low.

I hope there is enough salt left to keep God from spewing us out of His mouth.

Grace and peace.

Gorges Smythe said...

It seems so about Romney. As for the other, I wonder if He hasn't already, Pumice.

Pumice said...

Someone once observed that if He hasn't, and doesn't, He will need to apologize to Sodom.

Grace and peace.

Gorges Smythe said...

Interesting thought, Pumice. Probably not true, but interesting. :-)