Friday, September 20, 2013

My "Pocket Shovel"

-

Yep, there's a "shovel" inside that black "heavy duty" nylon sheath. Well, it's more of an over-sized garden trowel, but it will serve MY purposes perfectly. Like the current military issue entrenching tool, it folds in two places. Unlike the GI issued model, it's only 18' tall, not 23', but that's okay. It WAS, after all, concealabilty that I was seeking most, and this fits in the hip pocket of my jeans, AND it fits perfectly in an inside  pocket of the the military shoulder-bag that I sometimes carry when outdoors. I'm sorry to say that it was made in Communist China, but so was every other model I looked at, and the others were not as easily hidden on your person. Plus, some were much more than the $11 that I paid for this one. I had to order it online from the Chinese Emporium, here's the item page if anyone is interested:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Micro-Tri-Folding-Shovel/10957689
-

3 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

If it is like the chinese tools that I have had, it will work almost long enough to dig your first hole.
If the chinese ever fought a war, you could follow the trail of broken equipment along their path of march.

Mamahen said...

Looks lke a handy dandy little gadget!

Gorges Smythe said...

I've had many Chinese toold fail, too, Sf; that's why I do my best to avoid them. I guess time will tell, though.

I think it will be, Mh.