Monday, October 14, 2013

Another Disappearing Item From The Old Days.

-
Thirty-five millimeter film came out way back in 1892, but I don't know when the handy little plastic containers were first used. I DO know that ever since I was a kid, outdoor magazines have advised them for use in storing small things that you didn't want to lose or get wet. When looking for something to put a tiny flash drive in the other day, I settled on this container and realized that it was the last one I had left. The camera that used it was given to the Salvation Army long ago, and I'd be surprised if they were even able to give it away. I think we may eventually rue the day that we let the technology of film developing die.

-

6 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

I have had many of those and still have a bag of them somewhere, the last ones that I got were usually clear as I couldn't afford the expensive Kodak. Now there is a company that acted about like our government is doing now, they didn't see it coming.

Gorges Smythe said...

A LOT of companies have rested too long on their laurels and got left in the dust, SF. Kmart comes to mind, though they're still here for now.

Chickenmom said...

Hubby still has his camera. Only two stores sell the film around here, though.

Scooney Adrift said...

I'm sure there are a few of us around that remember when the film was wrapped in foil paper in the box.
I still have a few of the "Can's" somewhere, they were handy.

Gorges Smythe said...

Yes, I remember the foil, too, Scooney.

Pumice said...

I think you said you aren't struggling with diabetes. The little test strips I get to check my glucose come in a small plastic container similar to the old 35 mm canisters. You might ask around if you need something that size.

Grace and peace.