Thursday, October 17, 2013

Strange Dream

-
I was at the factory working on a “government project” when I realized that break was over and that I was late in getting back to my work station. Walking PAST my work station quite a ways, I sat down on a stack of pallets to put on my safety shoes. (Why would I have taken them off?) As I put on my shoes, with machinery humming and people working around me, I thought “This place was closed down eight years ago. Am I dreaming, or have I lost my mind?” The thought occurred that I could go outside and see if the place looked abandoned. (Why would the outside look abandoned if the INSIDE didn’t?) I decided to do just that, apparently ditching the idea of going to my work station. However, as I worked to get my shoes on, I woke up. My first waking thought was that I still had my own sanity, but the world around me had turned insane. It’s getting bad when you can’t escape even in your dreams. © 2013
-

10 comments:

Scooney Adrift said...

I still have work related dreams, even though I retired 8 yrs. ago!
There are times I wake up and ask myself, just where did that dream come from? The mind can certainly play some tricks on you!

Chickenmom said...

Sometimes dreams CAN seem so real - you must have been a deep sleep, Gorges!

Gorges Smythe said...

I have some strange ones at times, Scooney!

I know, Cm; the thing that struck me as interesting was that I aske myself if I was dreaming IN MY DREAM.

Sunnybrook Farm said...

It may just be that you have been exercising you imagination so much with your book writing that your mind just keeps imagining at night. It would be nice if it wouldn't take you to work though!

Gorges Smythe said...

Well let me ask you, SF; if a guy shouldn't take his work to bed, is it okay if he takes his bed to work?

Pumice said...

Now we have it. You are really a government worker and we are just figments of your imagination. That makes me just a blog post. I guess I don't need to worry about the future of America after all.

Grace and peace.

Gorges Smythe said...

Pumice, what worries me is that I may be a fig-newton of MY OWN imagination!

Gorges Smythe said...

Pumice, what worries me is that I may be a fig-newton of MY OWN imagination!

Mamahen said...

Lol fig-newton.....my dreams are almost always of the nightmare variety....I did find that odd as well that you asked if you were dreaming in your dream.....who dose that :))

Gorges Smythe said...

I'm just a bit odd, I guess, Mh.