Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Matter Of Talent

-
My "West Virginia" post reminded me of something. Back in the days when I would actually spend some time INSIDE the Walmart while my wife memorized price codes, I frequently took advantage of their "facilities." Not only did it kill a little time, it also appealed to me to let the flush be on them and save my time at home for other things.

There was a lady who used to work there that we became acquainted with and would stop and talk to sometimes. Oddly enough, she seemed driven to tell me how I spent so much time in their restrooms. (Maybe she thought I was a pervert or something.) I always responded that I figured that anything that I did well, I should do often. She always got this look on her face like she couldn't decide if I was trying to be funny, or was just plain stupid. Yet, the next time, she just couldn't help commenting again. Of course, I responded the same. I have no idea if she ever made up her mind. © 2014
-

4 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

You could hurt some of those people who don't have a sense of humor by saying stuff like that. She might have just blown apart right there trying to figure it out. Kind of like Captain Kirk destroying aliens with his own brand of logic that just freaked them out of his ship and into oblivion.

Gorges Smythe said...

Hmm. I'd never thought of such a danger, SF; I'll have to be more careful!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Hmmm, my husband could say the same about Home Depot, apparently a very popular spot to use the bathroom. LOL

Gorges Smythe said...

Us husbands know how to make good use of our time, Kathy!