Saturday, March 22, 2014

Driving School Update

-
For those who've been following CDL my misadventures, I was on the road a couple days this week. They plan on putting me on the road a couple days next week and then having me test with the stae on Friday. They show me with an hour more on the road than I really have, so they can get me out the door a little quicker, I'm sure. I'm starting to get better with the Eaton Super 10 transmission, but I wouldn't say I'm good at it yet. For those of you unfamiliar with it, there are two gears at each lever position, but it's NOT your old-fashioned split differential with high and low range. It's similar, but not the same. What may nail me on the test, though, is that alley-dock maneuver. I'm getting better, but I'm not there yet. Guess it's crunch time! Pray for me, friends! Thanks.
-

6 comments:

Mamahen said...

Prayers on the way!!!

Sunnybrook Farm said...

I wouldn't even want to think about parking something like than in a loading dock. You have had a lot of truck experience so that will help you.

Lady Locust said...

Will do - envision yourself doing it right over and over then you'll know no other way. Can't wait to wish you congrats.

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, Mh!

Not as much as you think, SF, though it seems like backing a farm trailer should have helped more than it did.

I'll try that, LL, and thanks.

Ralph Goff said...

Thats twice as many gears than I get to play with on the old Internationals Gorges. Good luck with it. I'm sure you can handle it.

Gorges Smythe said...

Yeah, I used to drive an old Loadstar, Ralph. It wouldn't go very fast, but man did it pull a load.