Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Signs Of Spring


-

The newsman told us tonight that spring comes tomorrow. I could have told him it was soon. Us country folks have our ways of knowing. The pesky little fly-catcher that builds a nest every year on our front porch is back. My early Easter flowers (daffodils) are ready to burst into bloom. I’ve already seen several dead groundhogs on the road. And most importantly, today I saw the first rude, spandex-clad city-slicker bicyclist coming out my road deliberately holding up traffic unnecessarily. Spring, the season when the minds of redneck motorists turn to homicide! Hope yours is a good one! (And always remember to destroy the evidence.) © 2014
-

6 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

We call them bike geeks and several get killed or cripple up every year. I like bikes but there really should be a law that unless you can ride them at 55 miles per hour that you keep them out of the road. Go to a park.

Mamahen said...

LOL....and HAPPY SPRING TO YOU TOO ;))

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

We've got suicidal deer all around us now, bodies thrown all over the county roads. Only last week it was the skunk- must be mating time. The trees are getting fuzzy too but what I have noticed is the thaw in the rock ledges that line the road where they had to blast. There's been a lot of movement in those rocks with the winter being so bad. Now they are starting to crack and huge pieces falling next to the road.

Cathy M. said...

Too funny! You crack me up. I live on a narrow winding country road and I know what you're saying.

Chickenmom said...

Oh, how I wish Spring would knock on my door! Post pictures of your flowers!

Gorges Smythe said...

SF, I'd be happy if they would just learn a little manners! If I'd acted like that when I was a KID, my dad would have told me to park the bike until I was willing to think of someone besides myself. A lot of these folks in my area are grey-headed old geezers trying to relive their youth.

Thanks, Mh!

I know what you mean about the rocks, Kathy, we've been having some of that, too.

I reckon it's a problem anywhere you have city folks with too much time and/or money who want to dress "hot" and take a pedal through the country. Most cyclists whom dress normally don't seem to act that way, Cathy.

I will, if I can remember, Cm.