Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Scare Tactic, Or A Message?

-
I had another strange dream, yesterday morning, just before arising. Few dreams shake me up; THAT one did. I dreamed that I was in some city at night and entered what seemed to be a business of some kind. Once inside, though, it appeared to be a night-club, with things being done and said that you wouldn’t normally expect, and that I didn’t really need to experience. Feeling the pull of sin, I knew that I needed to leave, and did so. When I crossed the street, I found that my vehicle was no longer in the parking lot where I’d left it. Feeling the urgent need to leave the area, I first asked passers-by if they’d seen my vehicle. Then, I started asking if any were headed in the direction of my home and would they give me a lift. I received no answers to either question, only grins and laughter.

Knowing that I would need to walk home, I looked around me and realized that I was on the lower end of the main street in my own hometown. The buildings all were known to me, though many of them no longer exist in reality. Though it was night, they were lit up with flood-lights to where they seemed to nearly glow of their own accord. They were not complete, though. The insides and roofs were mostly missing and they reminded me of the bombed-out cities of Europe during and after World War II. A loneliness came over me which made me shudder—a loneliness and aloneness that I have never felt. Then, I awoke.


The feeling persisted into my waking moments. It wasn’t just a physical aloneness, but seemed to be a spiritual aloneness that penetrated my very soul. I was wondering if Satan was trying to shake my faith, or if God was trying to give me a message. I still wonder. I spent several minutes in prayer and was reminded that the Lord had spoken to me on at least two occasions, plus had answered many prayers. My salvation surely wasn’t the issue then. Was Satan trying to make me doubt that; was God trying to give me a message, or was Satan trying to offset a message that the Lord was trying to give me? I’m still not sure. However, I’ve noticed that I’ve been wondering a lot, since, if the coming “blood moon” and the first horseman of Revelation might be connected. Perhaps I’m just suffering from information overload, and perhaps not. I’ll be watching…….and praying. © 2014
-

8 comments:

Vicki said...

I, too, have been experiencing strange dreams, but I tend to agree with you that it may be information overload. There is so much insanity going around us and so much of it contrary to Christian beliefs, that I would be surprised if it wasn't giving more folks nightmares. I have to get away from it now and then to keep my sanity.

Mamma Bear said...

I had a strange dream the other night of places incomplete even the home we were in. My family rushed in and were changing clothes all in one room that had no door. My son in law told me I had to get a meal together quickly. I heard and saw strange men talking in Russian although I didn't understand what they were saying. Somehow I sensed they were not pleased with what I had to serve. That is all I remember. I hate dreams that bother me that I feel like I am supposed to get a message from.

Gorges Smythe said...

That may be the case, Vicki.

MB, maybe the message is that if Putin visits, order Chinese! lol Guess we''ll never know the reason for some things.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

No, I have been having unusual dreams too and I think there is something to them. I don't think it's good. Keep up the prayers.

Mamahen said...

I join the realm of dreamers! Most leaving me feeling troubled after I wake. Praying for family n friends and our country!

Gorges Smythe said...

Sure will, Kathy!

Amen, Mh!

deborah harvey said...

hi gorges!
love your blog.
this dream is a message from the Lord God.
it is telling you the actual state of the moral rot of this nation.
scary, isn't it?
about 32 years ago i was standing in the shower and at that moment God impressed me that the USA had just passed the tipping point where it was no longer a Christian nation.
i then knew we had suddenly become the minority.
it may be that He either wants you to pray more for the nation or that He is telling you it is past saving, i don't know.
He will clarify more for you if you seek his face.
remember how long daniel fasted and prayed before God sent the angel to answer his questions.
and remember that only a portion of what daniel was shown is in the book because God told him the rest was sealed.
deb h.

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks for your comments, deb; I'll surely be doing some praying and study.