Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My, How Things Have Changed!

-
I heard this afternoon about a knife-weilding attacker at a school. In my day, even many of the girls would have fought back, NOT ran or cowered. Many guys would have taken him on one-to-one and beat the snot out of him. We've turned our children into such wimpy panty-waists that few would ever consider self-defense. Of course the school would expel them if they DID resort to self-defense, but better to be out of school than dead. We're just where our enemies want us. Can you imagine during WW II, if someone had tried hi-jacking a plane with a box-cutter? He's have been laughed at first, then decked. It ain't good, folks; it ain't good!
-

9 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

Where I live, I am 911. By Phil Robertson

Hank said...

Amen, brother, AMEN!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Yes, they are not taught to fight back. I understand if you are in a classroom and the PA indicates there is an intruder, you'd lock the door and stay down. But if you are on the scene? At least back in the day a couple of big guys could have taken that kid down. Maybe you'd get hurt but you would save several others from serious injuries.

Sixbears said...

I've daughters who could have taken down guys with knives back when they were in school. One of my daughters has a second degree black belt.

Gorges Smythe said...

Carry a big stick, SF, my friend!

Thanks, Hank.

Common sense would seem to dictate that, Kathy, but we all know there's none of that left in schools.

Glad you encouraged them, Sixbears; I wish more parents would.

Lady Locust said...

I still carry my pocket knife. I always told my kids not to start fights, but it's okay to finish one.
Even though in 'real life' he who finishes is the one who goes to jail. Have to agree, we are at the enemies whim.

Gorges Smythe said...

You raised your kids right, LL!

Chickenmom said...

I came home crying once when I was a kid. After a good 'talking to' by my
Dad, it never happened again. Never, ever start a fight but make sure you finish it. Can't do that in today's PC, wimpy world, but then again, we didn't have too many of those problems back then either because once they knew you would fight back, they left you alone. Kids today are taught to be afraid of their own shadows.

Gorges Smythe said...

He raised ya right, Cm!