Thursday, May 8, 2014

Another Strange Dream

-
Just before arising to take the pooch on her pre-dawn drain I had a short dream. The countryside was swarming with military and police, night and day. The citizens were under a loose-jointed sort of house arrest and were not allowed to travel, though some were sneaking away in the night. The storm-troopers brought new locks for our homes that we were to install but, of course, they kept one of the keys. There were National Guard, sheriff’s deputies, UN troops and others in the mixture of those occupying the land. There was no violence…….yet.


On awaking, I figured that I’d been reading too much doom and gloom, and asked the Lord to give me a verse for the moment. With my eyes closed, I put my fingernail between two pages of my Bible and opened it. The verse was a listing and seemed irrelevant. Then my oscillating fan blew a page or two over and left my finger beside these words, “Nevertheless for thy great mercies' sake thou didst not utterly consume them, nor forsake them; for thou art a gracious and merciful God” (Nehemiah 9:31). Praise His holy name! © 2014
-

5 comments:

deborah harvey said...

hi. don't know what to say.
god is certainly speaking to you--'I will give your [young or old, i don't remember] men dreams.'

keep us posted but pray about each dream first as the devil is always ready to lead us astray.
when God tells you what action to take let us know. we may need to take it, too.
deb h.

Gorges Smythe said...

You know, dh, I had the distinct feeling that the dream was not of the Lord, but the scripture, obviously, WAS.

Mamahen said...

Dreams of this nature are especially fearsome giving the state our country and even the world is in ...as DH said keep us updated..we all may need to take heed!

Harry Flashman said...

Dreams often reflect waking time anxieties. I think probably a lot of people are concerned about the issues you dreamed of.

Gorges Smythe said...

The more I think about it, Mh, the more I think the REAL message was in the scripture.

I'm sure that's true, HF!