Saturday, May 31, 2014

Failure To Take The Task In Hand

-

Like most businesses, my current employer skimped a bit in the restroom department. So, the other evening, I found myself in one of two lines at “the little boy’s room.” Before me was the open door to a commode booth, where a young fellow with his back to me was producing the sound of falling water. I noticed right off that the seat was down, so I already knew that the young fellow with the two tattooed “sleeves” must have been raised by wolves (my apologies to wolves). Then the sound of the falling water stopped, but the kid continued to stand there for a minute or two. Gradually, I noticed that his elbows were at the wrong angle to have a grip on his supposed errand there. THEN, I realized that he had been standing there the whole time, his spigot un-aimed, while he had been texting on his phone. About that time, he hurriedly zipped and walked out, his eyes never meeting those waiting and his phone still being manipulated by his left hand. Needless to say, the seat and floor were covered in urine. I’m beginning to think there should be such a thing as “phone control,” with only those proving their maturity able to get a “phone license” and a phone. (No, I’m not serious, but heathens like him would certainly deserve it!) © 2014
-

9 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

No it needs to be extremely hard to get a license to have a baby, you need to pass a 10 page exam and also prove you aren't already related.

Lady Locust said...

I knew there had to be some drawback to being able to pee standing up. After all these years, thank you. Now I know.

Gorges Smythe said...

THAT'S a thought, SF! lol

Well, LL, I guess you could say that it's only a drawback if you let it be. ;-)

Mamahen said...

In the old westerns, you often see the "cowboys" have to drop their guns when they come into town...Sounds like a drop your phones when you are ready to log in for work may be in order.

Chickenmom said...

Too bad the phone didn't fall in the toilet....

Gorges Smythe said...

Mh, after poor attendance, using cell phones on the calling floor is the most common reason for termination. Young people just can't STAND to turn them off.

That would have been fitting and proper, Cm! lol

Pumice said...

You forgot to mention the body piercings that I would guess were also present.

The barbarians are among us.

Grace and peace

Gorges Smythe said...

You're probably right, Pumice, I guess I should take a better look at him.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

It's bad too in the girl's room. They TALK on the phone, while YOU are trying to do your business. So Rude.