Saturday, June 7, 2014

Telemarketing Confusion

-
It amazes me the number of older folks who have telephones that wouldn't hear an air-raid siren if it was going off in their hallway. You'd think they'd eventually have to ask themselves about the logic of a deaf person having a telephone bill.

It's unbelievable the number of guys who are so insanely jeaslous that they act bonkers when a male voice asks for their wife or "love"interest. It's especially amusing to hear them go off on a recording.

It would amaze you the number of people who seem to think that there is only one telemarketer in the whole world. Evey call from every charity or business, since the beginning of the sordid practice, has been made by that same person. Naturally, everything the recipient of the call has told that person should be open to instant recall in their photographic (audiographic?) memory.

People are nuts!
-

6 comments:

Chickenmom said...

Sounds like 'ya had a rough day. Maybe Monday will be better and people will be nice for a change.

Mamahen said...

Lol...well I can sympathize with the deaf...nearly there. Cellphones with text and pm's on fb are my normal mode of communication. As for the rest...Thank you Lord for getting me out of that world. We had to tighten the belt a bit when I retired but it was worth it.....most days anyway ;))

Sunnybrook Farm said...

When did you call me? lol

Pumice said...

I have learned that when I hear that brief pause and sometimes audible click I can expect a telemarketer on the line. That gives me a brief moment to hang up without being discourteous.

Sorry if I miss you.

Grace and peace.

M. Silvius said...

Perhaps they are simply messing with those pesky telemarketers?

Gorges Smythe said...

Nah, just a normal day, really, Cm; you get used it.

No, Mh, I doubt if you miss that part of your life, except for a few co-workers.

You just never know, SF; I don't even know who I'm "talking to" with the machine. That's all handled by verifiers if there is a donation.

Sorry, my foot, Pumice! lol

Some of them are, Michael, but you can usually tell which ones.