Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Screen Scenes

-
I guess they’re a sort of screen-saver system—the pictures on the monitors at work that change every few minutes. For quite a while, they were beautiful landscapes and Gothic architecture. I enjoyed them.

Apparently though, my cubicle became the home of a young person on day-shift. Suddenly, my eyes beheld neo-Gothic armored warriors, their weapons a mix of swords, maces and lasers, fighting demons and alien life forms (armed similarly) in a post apocalyptic landscape. Blood and gore was everywhere, including on the blade of the fascine-knife or bill-hook the apparent lone Amazon-like woman was carrying. Some of the weird creatures looked mostly machine-like, others like hybrids of humans and lizards.

On the other monitor, cartoon zombies fought what must have been Monsanto GMO plants of some kind. The weapons used by the unidentifiable plants were apparently a part of their physical make-up, while the zombies were armed with strange weaponry. I noticed that the artist couldn’t resist giving one zombie a case of plumber’s crack; why, I’m not sure.

If he’s like many of the people his age who work there, the kid probably has evil, possibly satanic tattoos, plus a few piercings. I suspect that he goes home to his rat-trap apartment after work and plays video games where blood spews and things explode. He’s probably broke the day after payday, between buying pot, beer and ever gorier video games. And just imagine, he probably votes. And we wonder why this country is in the mess it’s in!


The supervisor changed the pictures back to landscapes for me, but they didn’t stay that way long. I managed to put a couple stationary landscapes on the screens a couple days ago and they’re still there, so maybe he’s moved. If he changes them again, I may if I can sneak a picture of Jesus on there for him. THAT should stir something up! © 2014
-

7 comments:

Sixbears said...

Jesus? The guy who died a gory death and rose from the grave to walk the earth once more, bearing his death wounds? He'd love it.

Sunnybrook Farm said...

The first thing I do with a computer is to disable the screen saver as I see no need for them.

deborah harvey said...

great idea! do it often.
maybe a few short, pungent Bible verses now and again.

Ralph Goff said...

I have my screen saver set to run all the photos in my picture album. Probably not an option on a work computer though.

Gorges Smythe said...

Maybe that would be a GOOD thing, Sixbears.

I wouldn't even know how, but the kid would know how to reactivate it, SF.

Good idea, dh.

Probably not, Ralph, but a novel idea at home!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I think that is a fine idea! I am surprised they let you select screen savers though rather than have a corporate one, unless those are options already built into the computer.

Gorges Smythe said...

I think it is built in, Kathy, though they could ban their use if they chose.