Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sunday Afternoon Observations

-
I’m currently sitting in the parking lot at Wally World, while my wife finds entertainment inside. On the way in, we passed the “disabled veteran” (maybe he is) panhandling at the entrance. He sat under his umbrella, as it was raining pretty heavily at the moment. Even with his hoodie up, you could see the fancy headphones that caused him to swing and sway a bit. I may have mentioned this before, but I saw the young, blond “struggling artist” panhandling there again the other day, and she’d gained some weight. Apparently she’s not struggling as hard as she once did.

My wife and I splurged and had lunch in a nice restaurant today, since it’s a holiday weekend. One guy kept staring at my wife as she ate, until he finally got food of his own. Another fellow kept yelling at anyone he knew who walked through the door. Plus the older couple beside us kept discussing (a little too loudly) things that I wouldn’t have discussed in public. My food was excellent, but my wife’s lasagna was mushy, so I suspect that it was left over from the night before and micro-waved. Overall, I guess you could call it an “interesting” experience.

Being Sunday, and us not in church still, I recalled a church that I saw in Tyler County this past week. There were no words over the door tying it to any location, family or denomination. It had only a large sign on the front lawn saying “Morning Worship – 10:30.” It sort of made me wish that it was in reasonable travelling distance of our home.


I just saw Vladimir Putin walk out of Wally World, get in his car and drive off. I wonder if the CIA knows he’s here? Probably not. © 2014
-

8 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

Sunny over here, I haven't been near the car today but have to work tomorrow. Hauling manure to the garden which I would rather do than go stand in line at walmart with putin. Maybe he was delivering some ammo, it is about time that they got some Russian stuff in there.

Mamahen said...

Manners are a thing of the past I would gather given your dining experience. I'm sure there would be many surprised to know that Putin is hanging out in WV :))

Gorges Smythe said...

I agree, Sf, on BOTH counts!

I'm afraid that manners ARE mostly dead these days, Mh. ALTHOUGH, I DID see a young woman hold the door for some old geezer (me) at Walmart today! - lol - As for Putin being here, Parkersburg is the new Paris; didn't you know? LOL !

Sunnybrook Farm said...

We have had two hard showers since I posted that it was sunny here. I can't remember when I was in walmart last, probably July or June.
They used to have greeters at our walmart and they would keep carts pulled out for everyone that came in the door so they served a purpose. Then one day they informed us that it wasn't part of their job to pull carts out for us and then the next thing I knew, they were all gone which is just as well. I don't need someone to tell me to have a nice day as I go into walmart. By the time I get that far inside, it isn't a nice day, a nice day would be not having to go to walmart.

Sixbears said...

Manners are better in some parts of the country than others.

For the the cell phone is the death of manners.

Gorges Smythe said...

There's one here that says his piece som sing-songie that you know he doesn't mean a word of it, SF.

You're certainly right about the cell phone, Sixbears!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

You are right, I don't see them at wmt anymore!

Gorges Smythe said...

But look at the money they're saving, Kathy!