Sunday, October 12, 2014

Speaking Of Pots

-
This may be TMI for some of you, so read further with caution! The chamber pot is returning to my house,......sort of. Yup, the old thunder mug, the slop jar, if you prefer. I used 'em and I emptied and cleaned them some in my day and thought I was done with them. Not so, it seems.

You see, I sleep upstairs and our only bathroom is downstairs. With my water pills, I have to climb the stairs more than I did in years past. That's not so bad, but it's just enough activity to wake me up to where it takes me an hour to get back to sleep. That's not good, considering that I have to get up at four o'clock through the week. So, not wanting to spend any money, I've decided to use an old drywall bucket as my chamber pot. It will be a couple extra minutes bother in the morning, but that's better than losing 2-3 hours of sleep at night. Of course, I'll still have to come down at least ince to take the dog out.

"All things old are new again!" I don't know who said that, but it fits in with Solomon's teachings.
-

9 comments:

Phillip said...

I own one of the real things, white enamel, (sort of a family heirloom) a bit chipped but still very usable.

Chickenmom said...

Ain't those water pills just grand??? I take mine in the morning when I get up - don't think I could handle them in the evening! Try switching them to the morning (if your Dr. says is O.K.) and carry an empty milk jug with you on the truck.

Gorges Smythe said...

They're good to have around when sickness strikes, too, Phillip.

Actually, Cm, I take three different pills in the morning and two of them again in the evening. I think the one I take morning only IS the water pill, but I've forgotten.

Sunnybrook Farm said...

I used to go to auctions and the auctioneer referred to them as cookie jars.

Gorges Smythe said...

I guess they could be used for that, SF, as long as you have the lid.

Scooney Adrift said...

Aim true, allow for wind age!

Gorges Smythe said...

Good advice, Scooney! lol

Mamahen said...

I've got the more recent bedside potty that my mother needed after her stroke. I've had to make use of it a few times in recent years with surgeries n such..

Gorges Smythe said...

Sometimes the old ways come in handy, Mh!