Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas Now Complete

-
 I mentioned the other day that we saw four of our five grandkids on Christmas Eve. We felt like something was missing, though, not being able to see our oldest granddaughter. We had her for six years before any of the others came along, even though we rarely got to see her. She was in town, though and, Sunday, my stepson took us out to dinner, along with his lovely and charming wife, our lovely and charming granddaughter and her boyfriend. We thoroughly enjoyed it. (And just for the record, my wife is good-looking, too, especially considering that she's old enough to be married to me.)

 Our granddaughter is studying nursing, while working as a nurse's assistant at a big hospital near the university. She has considered going on to be a doctor, but hasn't decided yet, since it's a lot of money and time. Her boyfriend, whom she knew of here, but really met up there, seems very nice and normal. He even deer hunts and has her eating venison (hey, he's GOT to be okay). He's got his Bachelors in business, and was offered a full scholarship to get his Masters, so is going for it. Both seem like well-balanced kids, neither silly or stuffy. I hope they do well, but I wouldn't care if they both worked in a factory, as long as they treat each other well and are happy.

The little get-together seemed to erase that "something missing" feeling that my wife and I had been having, and we had to agree that our Christmas was, indeeed, a good one. © 2014
-

5 comments:

Sixbears said...

My youngest daughter moved to the west coast last winter so we didn't get to see her and her family. That's a little hole in the heart, but such is life. I'm grateful for the ones we did see and at least everyone called.

Gorges Smythe said...

I'm glad your holidays were happy ones, Sixbears. Maybe next year with the youngest daughter.

Mamahen said...

I'm glad you were able to spend time with them to complete the holiday for you and your wife :)) Best wishes to you both for the new year!

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, and to you as well, Mh.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I'm glad everything turned out well and the boyfriend sounds like he is pretty smart too!