Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A “Ready For Spring” Whine And A Prayer Request

-
I’m sick of winter. Besides the inconvenience of bad weather, it costs me money when I can least afford it. I only have three hours on this pay period so far, and don’t work tomorrow again. I doubt if I work Thursday, either. That’s when the pay period closes. I suspect that I won’t work Friday, either, which is the first day in the next pay period. In the meanwhile, we both need to see a dentist, a doctor and the eye doctor. I’ve now got a hospital bill and doctor bill to pay, and the dog needs caught up on her shots. Plus, we couldn’t do anything for our youngest granddaughter’s birthday for lack of funds. That’s a REAL bummer! I’ll be glad when the overtime starts again. I guess that sometimes happens in March. Then I’ll start complaining about no time and no rest. I guess I’m just one of those folks who’d complain if you shot me with a brand new gun.

On a slightly more positive note, I’ve managed to clean my desk some and sort the stuff there into “save” and “trash” piles. The trash has already been put into the circular file, and some of the save items have already been filed away upstairs. Also, I have a short article on a local rock formation that I think I’ll send to the same magazine where I sent my sawmill article. If they use it, it will be nearly two years from now, but I guess the money will come handy whenever it comes.

I haven’t been able to finish my maul, because the weather is just too cold outside. I suppose I could do it in the basement, but then I’d have a mess to clean up. Outside, the wood chips can lie there until the mower “distributes” them this spring. That’s one advantage to living at the edge of the woods; small things tend to blend in with the constantly blowing leaves until you either decide to do something about them, or they decompose.

I need to do my taxes. I can’t really afford to pay an accountant anymore and I hate to ask my stepson to do them again. He can get the online forms to print out, though, whereas I have trouble with it. Remember the good old days when the IRS mailed you the forms that you needed? Our STATE still does.

My cellulitis keeps gradually getting better, but it seems TERRIBLY gradual. I hope I don’t run out of dope a second time without it being cured. I’ sure I’ll have to go see the doctor again if I do. I’d really appreciate any prayers from fellow followers of Christ.


I reposted someone else’s post on Facebook today about Christians needing to be more positive. Wow, I definitely need to do THAT. I hope things are going well for you folks who are kind enough to read my drivel. If not, at least try not to be as grumpy as I am! ;-) © 2015
-

10 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

It can't get warm too soon this year, it hasn't been as brutal as up north but it is eating up the heating wood faster than I can replace it. Supposed to be real cold Thursday so you guys will be down to zero probably. Too bad they don't let you guys plow snow. In the old days, our rock haulers helped out with the DOT trucks during a snow.

Gorges Smythe said...

That would certainly provide some much-needed work for dump-truck drivers during the winter, SF.

Lady Locust said...

We have had record highs for Feb. It's crazy. Will certainly send up a prayer for you. Keep yourself well.
Taxes - urg!

Mamahen said...

Praye s coming your way as always!

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, LL. (I feel the same way about taxes!)

Thanks, Mh.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Sending prayers!

Sixbears said...

You did better than me. I was dying for Spring in December. Next year we plan to head south soon after Thanksgiving. I've gotten soft.

Good luck with the medical stuff. Prayers on the way.

Chickenmom said...

Prayers- lways! Bitter cold here, too. Sick of it, really. But there is more on the way.

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, Kathy.

Can't blame you, Sixbears, and thanks.

Thanks, Cm.

Euripides said...

The worst of this all boils down to having to do taxes. Those are enough to make anyone depressed.