Saturday, February 21, 2015

Snowbound

-
I’m not going to pretend that my situation is anything unusual right now. I suppose that half the country is suffering cabin fever along with my wife and me. I didn’t work any this week, so had no real reason to be out, except to break the monotony for my wife. Still, we managed to get out about every other day. Today was one that we didn’t, so we’re both a little bored.

If the four wheel drive was working on my truck, we might have gone out anyway, but it isn’t, and it would be stupid to risk getting hung up for no reason. We’re starting to get a little low on a couple things, though, so we may go out tomorrow, IF the state ever plows the road. They haven’t been across the ridge since this last snow started over 24 hours ago. I reckon they’re down by the edge of town, keeping all the city-slickers happy.

I have some things that I could do upstairs, on my other computer, or downstairs in the basement. However, that would entail “neglecting” my wife, and she wouldn’t look kindly on it. Over the past few years, she’s lost interest in the things that used to keep her busy, so she now considers me and her TV the providers of her entertainment. It can be a difficult and aggravating burden to bear at times, but what can I do; she’s put up with me for 32 years! Maybe we can go to the Chinese Emporium tomorrow and she can get her exercise pushing a cart around for an hour or two, while I sit in the truck and discuss politics with the dog. (NO, I’m NOT crazy, the REST of the world is crazy!)


We’re supposed to get freezing rain tonight on top of our snow, so I’m praying that our electric won’t go off. That would put us in a REAL fix. Well, guess I’ll quit neglecting my wife and go watch a little more TV with her. Baduh, baduh, baduh, that’s all folks! (I’m fine, REALLY!) © 2015
-

9 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Do you all like board games or puzzles you could pick up at a dollar store or thrift shop? We are thinking of cleaning out the attic next time it storms. It's really very organized in tubs but needs to be put back in order after pulling things out for Christmas.

Mamahen said...

Lol....crazy is as crazy does.....or was that beauty lol....anyway we're all in the same boat so keep paddling ;))

Vicki said...

Of course you discuss politics with the Mighty Dachshund. She's probably the only one who listens. That's the way it was with my dogs!!

My Dad used to say, "The whole world is crazy except me and thee. And sometimes I wonder about thee." I think he had a point! :)

Ralph Goff said...

Cabin fever? I guess it is a problem for some but never for me. I have not been to town in 8 days and could go another 8 without a problem. Guess I better try to get in to empty my mail box though or they will think I have moved or died.

Gorges Smythe said...

My wife isn't into games, Kathy, and she won't ALLOW me in the attic! lol

Will do, Mh.

lol - Your father was a wise man, Vicki!

I could easily entertain myself, Ralph, it's trying to entertain my wife that's frustrating. And you may be right about the mailbox!

Sunnybrook Farm said...

When the economy and society collapses one day, it will be like an unending snow storm. Not safe to go to town, that will be as much a mental test as anything.

Chickenmom said...

I know what you are going through! On the first sunny, warm day, I am going to set on the deck and just soak up the sunshine and forget about this winter. I want to see green grass! (Right now, even the dreaded mud season would be welcome!)

Scooney Adrift said...

Just getting to the main road is a challenge. Cabin fever has set in here pretty bad. After being married 52 years, what's left to talk about other than the pointed news on TV!! We need to go to Wally World as the provisions as getting a little sparse, not down to the Spam yet, but getting close. Hang in there, your post hit home.

Gorges Smythe said...

I've thought the same thing, SF. A person wouldn't dare go unarmed.

I agree, Cm, even brown is better than white at this point.

Maybe you can use the spam to trap possums, Scooney, they'd HAVE to be better than spam!