Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Good-Bye Diltiazem; Hello Herbal Tea!

-
I used to be on three blood pressure medicines. Then, my doctor divided one that was a combo, so Technically, I was on four.

Diltiazem used to be $10 for a three month supply. Then the manufacturer got greedy and doubled the price. Today, I went to pick up my latest supply and THAT price had doubled! I get really tired of companies thinking they have you right where they want you and can charge anything they want. I told the druggist that we all had to die of SOMETHING, so I was simply going to drop that medication and hope for the best. She was a little surprised, but understood my thinking

Actually, I didn't tell her the whole story. I recently read that a certain type of herbal tea has the same effect on many people, and can actually be substituted for that medication. SO, I went to the local health food store and bought a whole POUND of the stuff for HALF what they wanted for their dope. Now, I just hope that I'm one of the people that it works on! Time will tell. © 2015
-

5 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I hope it works for you.

Lady Locust said...

A cup of tea sound so much better than something I can't pronounce:) It has to be better for you. Hope you have great results.

Mamahen said...

Prayers!

chipmunk said...

A lot of folks are being priced out of various medications. I see it every day at the doctor's office I work at. One guy told me yesterday that the new med we tried for his diabetes worked great, but it would cost him over $300 a month, so he can't afford it. And that's WITH insurance!

Gorges Smythe said...

Me too, Kathy! Thanks.

Time will tell, LL. Thanks.

Bless you, Mh.

That's literally immoral, chipmunk!