Thursday, March 5, 2015

If We Know HIS Name, Why Don’t We Use It?

-
I read long ago that the REAL name of God was YHWH (pronounced Yahweh), not Jehovah. As the son, we call him Jesus, yet his REAL name appears to be Yeshua (pronounced yeSHOOa by most scholars). The names Jehovah and Jesus supposedly came about during translation to Greek, linking both names to Zeus, the pagan Greek idea of God. That basically paganizes the holy name of God. As with many things, we can lay this mostly at the feet of the Catholic Church, yet the protestants willingly continue the tradition. More and more, I’m trying to use the names Yahweh and Yeshua. Still, a lifetime of usage makes it hard to change.

I’m reminded of the guy that I called “Bob” for years, only to eventually learn that his name was Bill. When I asked him why he didn’t correct me, he told me that he knew who I meant, so he didn’t worry about it. Perhaps the Lord will look at it the same way; but why should he have to? Below are three links on the subject. © 2015




-

1 comment: