Monday, March 30, 2015

Sick Day - Dern It!

-
I woke up this morning feeling sick at my stomach, barfed a couple times and had three rounds of the trots. I tried to tell myself that I could go to work, but common sense finally won out, so I called off. It's been several years since that happened.

I then went back to bed and slept until 2PM! When I got up, I haf three more rounds with the trots, then my wife and I took a jaunt to town to get her and the dog some lunch and a large Sprite for me. I had three crackers, two french fries and a few sips of Sprite for my lunch. You know a fat guy is sick when he eats like that!

I went back to bed at 5 and slept until 7. I then had half a stack of crackers and a few more sips of soft drink for my supper. I feel pretty good now, but I'm atill not very hungry. I suspect I just had something that didn't agree with my system, or I wouldn't be recovering so quickly. It really hurts to lose a day's work when I'm still playing cath-up from a lean, long winter, though. I'm sipping water now, to try and get rehydrated. I should be good to go in the morning.
-

7 comments:

Marian Love Phillips said...

Glad you are feeling better. Your body talks to you and you must have needed all that rest. Take care and have a great rest-of-the week! :)

kymber said...

oh Gorges - it sounds like you definitely consumed something that was a tad off. the best thing to do is what you did - eat lightly and get much rest. i hope that you are sleeping the sleep of angels right now.

do not go in to work if you are not feeling better in the morning. and be a big enough man to recognize if you are not feeling better. i send much love and healing thoughts and prayers your way.

your friend,
kymber

Mamahen said...

There is a 24hr thing going round that hits fast and hard...My daughter had it a few days ago, and though she hasn't had any more upchucking or loose stools, she still has had a lot of heartburn and even a burning sensation when having bms. Pray the worse is over for you, and that your wife doesn't end up with it too!

buddeshepherd said...

Perhaps if it comes on fast it will go away fast. I picked up the local bug that lasts for a month. I'm tired of feeling kind of crappy. But, then again, I'm not sure I want to trade with you...

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, Marian.

I'm feeling better this morning, kymber. the upper problem is solved; not so much the lower. Guess I'd better watchn really good for potholes in the road today! (No pun intended, lol.)

This seemed to be more of a 12 hour thing, Mh. That makes me wonder if it was something I "et."

A month sounds worse to me, Budd, I hope you're back to normal soon.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Glad you are feeling better and it wasn't the flu.

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, Kathy. I'm still not 100%, but I worked today and survived it.