Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Pregnant Pepper ! (w/pic)

-
My wife fixed some fish today, with a sauteed vegetable medley as a side dish. She came to my office laughing, during her preparations, and carrying this half pepper. She said the inner piece was already loose and rattling before she cut the pepper open. Also, she said that she noticed that the pepper had developed a crack in it as it sat the last couple days in the fridge. I tried to put the "baby" back where it was attached before snapping the photo.

I wonder what would have happened if it had been left on the plant. You notice that the end of the baby is green, which makes me wonder if a fair amount of light was coming through the pepper walls. Have any of you folks seen such a thing?

I just can't help it; I have to wonder who the daddy was.


© 2015

8 comments:

deborah harvey said...

seen it many times.
deb h.

Vicki said...

giggle, snort.
Seriously, every now and then a green pepper I get from the Farmer's market will have bonus pepper inside. I don't think there was a daddy involved, but I could be wrong.....

Gorges Smythe said...

My wife and I are both farm-raised, dh, but this is the first one either one of us has seen. Maybe it has something to do with the variety.

Maybe it's one of of those GMO peppers, Vicki! lol

Mamahen said...

Lol...I have seen this before also with green peppers.

buddeshepherd said...

Much better than a yolk with eyes!!!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

That is a new one for me!

Chickenmom said...

A lot of the peppers from our garden last year had this little bonus in them. They were grown from seeds.

Gorges Smythe said...

Well it's a new one on me, Mh!

True, Budd! lol

Glad I'm not the only one, Kathy.

Do you suppose it has to do with the timing of the rainfall, Cm?