Sunday, June 14, 2015

If It Ain’t One Dern Thing, It’s Another!

-
I had a little money left over this week that I thought I could use to pay down my colossal medical bills from a four-hour visit to the emergency room a few months ago. At that time, I didn’t have the money on me to go to the quick-care place and pay the $100 up front, and I sort of panicked when I realized that the cellulitis was moving UP my leg, so I went to the hospital emergency room. I knew that I could go then and pay later. I figured it would run $500-1000. It ended up about $2000, altogether. I should have waited and taken off work and gone to the quick-care place the following day, I guess.


I’ve been having some health problems (caused by my weight I figured), but I finally realized that not all the symptoms were related, and that I had my usual yearly sinus infection. Once they get to a certain point with me, they only get worse, NEVER better, so I have to get medical help. This one was getting to the chronic headache stage, with about a 10-point rise in blood pressure. Surprisingly, the doc told me that it had been TWO years since I’d been there with that problem. That must be a record for me. Regardless, the doctor got my bill-paying money. I got a shot in the hip and a prescription that probably won’t last long enough to do the trick. That may mean another office visit and another round of antibiotics. Only time will tell. © 2015
-

5 comments:

Mamahen said...

Always something for sure....continued prayers!!!

Gail said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, Mh!

Thanks, Gail.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I hope it will work for you. Do you have a county clinic available to you? One of my friends is a nurse and she intentionally took her children to our since she knew them and knew what good doctors and nurses they were. She paid full price but I know they have different levels depending on income. Maybe your county has one within reach? I haven't been well either -more on that later, so not blogging much plus all the rain has made arthritis worse.

Gorges Smythe said...

The best clinic is two counties away, unfortunately, Kathy.