Sunday, July 19, 2015

A Whine (Or Ten)

-

I've felt like crap all week. I mentioned in my recent prayer request that my weight has caused breathing problems for me. What I DIDN'T mention, was that I already have a 13% diminished lung capacity, due to scarring from several bouts of pneumonia as a child. As if that wasn't a bad enough combination, I got a really bad cold this week that tried filling my lungs with mucous. If it wasn't for a pharmacy chain's copy of Dayquil and Niquil, I'm not sure I'd be here to post this, literally. I THINK I'm finally getting slightly better, but Thursday was the worst I'd ever felt and still gone to work anywhere. Doctors could have done nothing but give me oxygen, since they can't treat colds (being viruses), so I elected to work sick and get the money. Now my wife has the cold and it's hitting her hard. The summer heat makes it rough when we have to venture outside and can barely breathe.

As if that wasn't bad enough, we recently had to replace our house air-conditioner. Our toilet quit working this week, but I was too sick to fix it, though I got the parts. (My brother-in-law was able to do it for me Friday.) The house roof and porch roof both need patched, and my laptop, on which I do 99% of my work, just crashed. This is turning into the summer of my greatest discontent!
-

6 comments:

Vicki said...

I'm sorry, Gorges. Those summer viruses are nasty and the humidity doesn't help. Praying you and your wife get better really soon. Perhaps you are getting all of the bad stuff out of the way at once and there will be smooth sailing from here on.

Mamahen said...

All I can say is when the devil is fighting you this hard, you must be doing something right!!! Prayers for the both of you!

Gorges Smythe said...

One can always hope, Vicki!

Thanks, Mh; the prayers mean a lot.

Chickenmom said...

It was like that for us last year - everything went wrong. The drains, the septic, the boiler, the Jeep, the flu..... This year, so far - so good. 'Hope you and your wife feel better soon!

Lady Locust said...

Will keep you in my prayers. Glad you are on the mend however.

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, Cm' I'm glad you seem to be through with such things.

Thanks, LL.