Saturday, July 25, 2015

Sick Day

-
Thursday, I called in sick for the first time since I began working with my current employer, nearly a year ago (lacking four days). My wife insisted that I go to the doctor, and I did. He gave me prescriptions for four kinds of dope and I now feel better than I have in a month. Amazing what dope can do. (The RIGHT kind, at least.) One was an inhaler to open my lungs (no refill). That alone gave me the first decent night's sleep I'd had in weeks. I didn't feel like I was going to suffocate if I fell asleep! I worked Friday and did okay, so maybe I'm on the mend.

I used to shake my head at folks who had a pile of pill bottles, now it seems that I'm one of those people.
-

9 comments:

Chickenmom said...

Good that you are feeling better and good that your wife made you go to the doctor! A good night's sleep can do wonders for you.

Sixbears said...

Just being able to get some sleep will do wonders for your body's ability to heal.

Lady Locust said...

You take care and get better. Sometimes a good night's sleep is more helpful than the best of drugs so maybe the combo will help.

Pumice said...

I hate pills but there are times when my stubbornness is overcome by my common sense. I sometimes think that those of us who have not taken a lot of medication have better responses when we do. Glad it is working. I pray that you continue to work on the weight issue. Solving that will also diminish other problems.

Grace and peace.

Harry Flashman said...

I don't go to doctors either, but sometimes you just run out of options.

Mamahen said...

Glad you finally went to the Dr n got some sleep! I'm appalled at the number of pills I have to take in a days time, not to mention my insulin shot (smh).

Gail said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Don't feel bad, you are not alone. I just got refills on my prescription (three weeks worth). If I did not have insurance the bill for one alone would have been something around $450 (I paid $30) and the other was $426 (I paid $8). I have health and prescription coverage but we pay a lot for it through payroll deduction. So this it the third round of meds. What does a person without insurance do? I know people that can't afford the gov't insurance or private. I guess they just stay sick?

Gorges Smythe said...

Yes, it can, Cm!

Sure 'nuff, Sixbears!

That's for sure, LL!

I WILL work on it, Pumice. The dope from the doc can't address the original shortness of breathe.

Yes it was, Harry.

The price of our getting old I guess, Mh!

Thanks, Gail!

I've been telling my wife that it's cheaper to die, Kathy. At least I know where I'm going.