Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Dredging Up Another Memory (pic)

-


I always remember the little curio case sitting in the center of the living room mantel. It had been painted white at some point, though it was a bit yellowed with age. Inside were two shelves, plus the base, where small items could be displayed. The only one that I remember at this time was a small, blond boy in a red devil suit, done in plaster. One arm was up and had a hole in it, indicating that he had once been holding something, probably a wire trident. I refused to bid on anything when Mom had her moving auction, so I didn't even attend the emptying out of my old home place. I would like to have had the little devil, and one set of candle-sticks that originally belonged to my grandparents, but that's life. The old case was already in my possession and had been partially stripped at the time. So it remains.

I came across it in the basement today and decided to see what I could get for it on Facebook. I guess I'm having a moving sale of my own, I just don't know when I'm leaving. I DO hope the residents in my eventual home don't dress like the little devil, though! -LOL © 2016
-

4 comments:

Lady Locust said...

What a beautiful old piece. And I don't think you will have to worry about little devils:)

Gorges Smythe said...

You're probably right, LL, it's them BIG devils I'd better watch out for! ;-)

Gail said...

A beautiful piece with memories attached.

I think you, my friend, will be welcomed upstairs when the time comes.

Have a blessed weekend.

Gorges Smythe said...

I'm counting on it, Gail, unworthy though I forever remain.