Saturday, January 2, 2016

Green River Whiskey Token

-
Among the old coins that I came across (and sold) a few months ago was this item of interest. It's about the size of a fifty cent piece and goldish colored. Someone has drilled a hole in it to put it on a chain, thus ruining any value that it might have had. I'm sure I wouldn't get anything for it, as the highest priced one that I saw on eBay was $18. Who do you give something like this to? Probably not any of my grandkids, as I don't want them to think that I'm encouraging them to indulge. I guess I'll just leave it in the desk drawer for now.

This is a lousy photo, as I was too shaky to keep a good focus. it has very little wear, as you can easily read the words "Green River" on the saddle bag or pouch.

This one is a little better in focus.

Below are a couple links on the subject.

http://www.greenriverwhiskey.com/

http://green-river-whiskey.com/homepage/tokens.html
-

2 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I think it's pretty neat! Maybe not worth a lot of money but it's unusual and makes a nice story.

Gorges Smythe said...

It IS sort of neat, Kathy.