Thursday, January 28, 2016

News And Blues

-
The W-2's from my employer came today - already opened and taped shut, with the short note, "opened by mistake" on the envelope. I guess one of my neighbors now knows what I made on my job last year. I don't care too deeply, but I still sort of hope it wasn't one of the neighborhood gossips.

Velveeta "cheese food" has made its last appearance at our house. My wife uses no fillers of any kind in her macaroni and cheese, yet today's version seemed to have as much filler in it as cheese. It's always contained cellulose (from wood fiber), which didn't bother me, but when it starts tasting like the yellow slop served by Golden Corral, it's time to look elsewhere for cheese.

Something has changed with my Medicaid provider and They won't continue approval for my Eliquis without reprocessing the whole thing. This after I've been on it for four months. Thankfully, my doctor has given me some samples to use. Bureaucrats should have to live the same way that they force other people to live!

My tests last week showed that my heart is staying the same, and not improving. Since it's currently only working at 30% efficiency, my heart rate is high, and I'm in near constant A-Fib, they scheduled me for a defibrillator to be implanted in early February. I'm not really concerned, but my wife is worried. She lost her first husband to cancer and I guess she wasn't planning on parting with my charming self just yet.

I'm having little luck selling some of the things I've currently got posted for sale on some Facebook sale sites and the local buy-sell-trade paper. Since some items are still usable to me for certain things, I believe I'll quit advertising them, rather than have some guys try to get me to pay them to take things off my hands (an exaggeration, but not by much).

One guy just called wanting an item. I'll meet him tomorrow and buy a few groceries with the proceeds. The Lord always seems to pull just enough out a hat to keep us afloat. I'm glad He's on our side! © 2016
-

9 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

They can't just have you quit, it's dangerous. This was on their site and a link to an organization that might help, generally for people without insurance but maybe they could link you to another that offers a discount.

For people taking ELIQUIS for atrial fibrillation: Do not stop taking ELIQUIS® (apixaban) without talking to the doctor who prescribed it for you. Stopping ELIQUIS increases your risk of having a stroke.

Am I eligible for free prescription medications from the Bristol-Myers Squibb Patient Assistance Foundation? http://www.bmspaf.org/Pages/Home.aspx

Gorges Smythe said...

I've got enough "samples" for about a month, Kathy, but I'll check that place if they don't get things straightened out.

deborah harvey said...

i also wish health insurance company owners had to live ,or die, the waay the suffering masses do.
the same for politicians .

i also wish medicare were accepted as payment in full. one doc's office threatened to cut off my husband's doc appointments unless they get 3000 $$
i don't think the doc knows--he said don't worry about it and we got the call 2 days later.
this is where my husband is receiving cancer treatment.

the operation should set you straight, gorges. we know several people who have had it.

Gorges Smythe said...

It's a cruel world, dh. Thanks for your encouragement.

Chickenmom said...

Once it's installed you'll feel a lot better, Gorges. Neighbor has had one for years and it's made such a difference in his life! He putters around the yard, goes on trips and cruises and is really enjoying himself! He said he's not worried all the time now like he used to be.

byGeorge said...

Hawthorn!

Gail said...

Sometimes drug companies will provide medicines to patients. My sister gets two meds directly from one. It has saved a lot of money.

Here's a link you might enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/embed/pELwCqz2JfE?rel=0&autoplay=true

Hang in there. Hubby has been active with 25 percent for a long time. He dropped to ten (when he was on the transplant list) and then went up...which the doctor's said NEVER happened.

Pumice said...

I'll grab for the nugget, at least your heart isn't any worse.

I think it is common for our wives to worry more about us than we do ourselves. Be patient with her.

Continued prayers.

Grace and peace.

Gorges Smythe said...

That's good to hear, Cm!

I haven't forgotten, bG!

I think I have a number for the maker, Gail; maybe I should give it a shot.

I'm with you, Pumice, and thanks for the prayers.