Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Sorting Off My Desk

-

My wife has been after me for weeks to clean off my desk so she could dust and polish it. So, little by little, I’ve been working in that direction. My work is almost complete now. Among all the papers that I’ve filed, I came across the following: a reproduction 1860 Army Colt (cap & ball revolver), a Boy Scout axe in need of sharpening, a tire gauge, a complete copy of Hoyle’s rules for card games, a phone book, a copy of Halley’s Bible Handbook, an older model of a Leatherman multi-tool, a small “book light” for reading in the dark, a letter opener, a journal, a bottle of Tums, a can of spray for athlete’s foot, a container of cinnamon, a clip for opened bags of snacks, a bottle of look-alike Pepto-Bismol,  and a book on the glycemic index. Hmm…..maybe it WAS time to sort things out a bit! © 2016
-

4 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

I can't imagine getting my desk cleaned to that level, not sure what I would find, probably a few missing items for sure. I won't find a nice 1860 though.

Lady Locust said...

Hilarious!

byGeorge said...

Ha, sounds like my desk. I'm to the point of barely room left for the mouse. A critical mess it is.

Gorges Smythe said...

Keep looking, SF!

Gee, LL, it wasn't MEANT to be!

I've got a little pull-out tray originally made for a calculator, bG, or I wouldn't have a place for MY mouse!