Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Went To The Doctor Today

-
I had a EKG today. I won't know my heart efficiency until next week's appointment but my pulse averaged 140 today, even though I've been on a medication for two weeks that's supposed to help regulate that. I suspect I'll end up with a defibrillator (think pace-maker) before it's all over with. Next month, I go to the sleep doctor to see about being tested for sleep apnea. I've had it for years but, naturally, I'll have to be tested for it so they can make some money. It ain't no fun being old and unhealthy!
-

6 comments:

An At Home Daughter said...

Have you ever tried magnesium? My heart rate gets high when I get low on magnesium. Also when I am low I will jerk awake and take a gasp of air(sometimes causing me to bite my tongue). I think that might be sleep apnea?...
You might want to ask your doctor about it. Though some doctors are totally anti- vitamin, and mineral. It just depends. Best to take with calcium and vit. c. You can get these in a liquid form at vitamin stores and some are quite tasty.
Kimberly

Gail said...

Hang in there. My husband has gone through all these extremes and is still kicking high.

byGeorge said...

..."so they can make some money".

That's the name of the game! Gorges, research/google for Hawthorn Berries. Really work on my erratic heartbeat.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I hope you will get the help you need!

Lady Locust said...

Just do what you can on your part.

Gorges Smythe said...

I'll check it out, AAHD.

I'll do a little study on them, bG; thanks.

Thanks, Kathy; as long as Medicaid pays for it, I'll, go for it.

Will do, LL!