This morning, I awoke to 5-6 inches of white stuff on the ground, and on our vehicles. When I was younger, and drove my old truck, that would have been of no consequence. I'd have swept off the truck and went, clear roads or not. If it got over a foot deep, I'd have used the farm tractor and blade to clear the 200 foot drive-way, and then would have graded our little country road the two miles or so down to the main road.
These days, even just 5-6 inches means at least a couple days of being house-bound. With my heart condition, I don't get carried away sweeping and shoveling, and I try to let some of the snow melt a little before venturing out on the little country road. Ideally, they will have plowed that road by the second day. I MAY try to sweep off the truck, since the snow has stopped temporarily. (the weatherman ASSURES us that more is on the way.) However, I no longer have a tractor and blade to clear the drive, should the white stuff keep accumulating.
Even if I could get out, the country road is too dangerous in one direction, and the four-lane about two miles away, that I have to use to enter town the other way, is shut down. So is the the other four-lane that intersects it between my road and town. I've never seen them shut down the road for such a small amount of snow, so I'm guessing that all that wind we had took a little snow and made a lot of drifts. I DO know that there was snow on the thumb-piece of our door latch, and it's under a six-foot-wide porch, with 10 feet of length to the windward side.
Since more snow is coming, it appears that my medical procedures, already put off once due to a sloth-like insurance company, will now be put off again, due to the weather. Luckily, my condition isn't immediately dangerous. Maybe I'll just wait until spring. Now, just when did the groundhog say that would be?