Monday, April 11, 2016

A few Thoughts On BRUCE Jenner

-
For lack of anything decent to watch on TV late this evening, my wife watched part of a show on Bruce Jenner and his family. I couldn’t stomach it and went online. She told me later that he now has his daughters calling him “Caitlyn.” If I were them, I’d continue to call him “Dad,” after all, he WAS the one who fathered them. She also said that the girls and their mother profess to be Christians, though one of the girls is pregnant by a rapper related to Kanye West of all people. (How’s THAT for a “respectable” reference?) Oh well, accidents happen, especially when you’re out fornicating around. I’m ashamed to say that I was doing the same at her age.

My wife mentioned that someone asked him if he could only live as one, would he rather live as a woman or a man, and he said a man. I wonder why he doesn’t do it then; I guess there has to be some reason that he chooses to hold onto his “parts.” I wonder if maybe he’s come across a way to get a lot more “action” by swinging both ways, maybe as a sort of carnival freak-show for those involved.

The family is apparently still in near constant touch with him. At least that’s what it looked like when I sat down before the silent TV later. My wife had long ago gotten bored with watching the weirdness and had muted the TV and drifted off to sleep. Watching them interact, even in silence, you could tell there was a lot of hurt in the hearts of the daughters and ex-wife. I noticed one of the daughters turn her head away when he hugged her, despite smiling to his face. They were at a fancy restaurant having dinner, and I couldn’t help but notice what a masculine, almost homely excuse he was for the woman he professes to be now. Earlier, I’d noticed that he’d kept his manly voice, too.


It was when they left the restaurant that I may have gotten a clue to what it’s really all about. The paparazzi were snapping pictures galore as they left the restaurant. You know, at one time, Bruce Jenner was America’s golden boy. He even had a picture on the Wheaties box. As the years passed, though, he slowly faded from the forefront. Some folks get addicted to all that attention and try to keep it going. Perhaps, with all the sexual perversions in the news these days, he figured that was the way to revive being in the spotlight, and maybe even up his income. So, throwing the emotional well-being of his wife and daughters under the bus, along with his own reputation, he decided to become a Frankenstein sort of half male, half female being. I guess he got the attention back. Sadly he doesn’t even have a clue as to the ultimate price. © 2016
-

11 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I don't think I'll ever understand this.

deborah harvey said...

g g
i think you've hit the nail on the head.
long decades ago when jenner was an athlete, a newsman, who had interviewed him, said that jenner would do anything for attention.
that is probably what drove him to sports prominence.
now he has attention and more money.
whoever in that no talent family conceived of a program to document their whorings was a money genius.
i don't know who cares about their antics but neither of us are in that seemingly sizable crowd.
i don't think bruce would ever give up his personal parts, but he'd put on a dress for attention. the money is just a welcome side issue to the excitement of seeing himself on the magazine covers once again.

Sixbears said...

Once again, I'm glad I don't watch broadcast TV.

There are a lot of people dealing with confusing personal issues. Good thing it's not my job to judge people. I leave that to the almighty.

Still, doesn't mean I have to watch the train wreck.

M. Silvius said...

Grotesque is the best you can call it.

Gorges Smythe said...

No sane person COULD, Kathy.

I guess money is money, dh! lol Not for us though!

And a train wreck it is, Sixbears.

That's about the size of it, Michael.

mohaverat said...

I think wanting attention has a lot to do with it. I think I could find some other way to do it.damn......

Gail said...

I remember studying about him in high school current events...scary.

Gorges Smythe said...

Yeah, mr, his method is pretty drastic.

Gorges Smythe said...

That's 'cause you're a YOUNG whipper-snapper, Gail! lol

Brenda said...

What is this world coming to? It's a shame!

Gorges Smythe said...

The Lord may straighten it all out soon enough, Brenda.