Monday, May 23, 2016

Praise God, GOOD News For A Change!

-
Yesterday, I reasoned that the problem with my truck might be a bit of crud in an ejector. So, after letting the truck warm up, and saying a prayer, I tore out the ridge as fast as I could make the thing go in the short distances of straightish road available. I mean I FOGGED the gas to it. I was determined to either blast out the injector or two causing the problem or clog them ALL! It was running almost normally when I returned.

This morning, after putting a letter in the box for the mailman and saying another prayer, I repeated the performance. The truck is now running fine. I still,didn't find the letter in the box that I was hoping for, but I DID find our refund from the IRS. They said that I'd made a mistake and sent us an extra $100 dollars. That means that I can deposit the original amount for property taxes, as I'd planned, but I can hold out the $100 and have a little more gas and grocery money. THAT will certainly be a help. There are certain times in life, both good and bad, when $100 seems like a million. For us, this is one of those times. Maybe the other letter will come tomorrow. I'm praying! - lol
-

9 comments:

M. Silvius said...

A can of Sea Foam usually does the job for me when my injectors get cruddy.

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, Michael; I'll try to remember that!

Lady Locust said...

Amen! And M Silviius had a good suggestion. Sea Foam is great. We try to get a few cans when it goes on sale to have on hand come fall.

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks for the second opinion, LL. I may check on it tomorrow.

Vicki said...

I have zero knowledge about fixing vehicles so I have no advice there. But I am absolutely tickled that the refund arrived and worked in your favor. Kind of like finding that unexpected treat in the toe of your Christmas stocking, isn't it!

Chickenmom said...

Hubby, before we were married, used to tell me that when he did 100 in the 409, he was just cleaning out the carburetor....

Ralph Goff said...

Good to hear you got a break there Gorges. You needed one.

Sixbears said...

One more vote for Sea Foam.

I've had times that finding another $10 was a Godsend.

Gorges Smythe said...

Yes it is, Vicki!

A neighbor of mine told the cop that too, Cm; but he STILL got a ticket!

Thanks, Ralph.

Been there, too, Sixbears. Picked up some Sea Foam today!