Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Random Thoughts And BUY MEPPS SPINNERS!

-
Some new-found grocery money was burning a hole in our pocket, so we hied off to the Chinese Emporium this afternoon. First, though, I went up the valley and voted. Then, I had to go to Kroger’s and get some dope. I have seven prescriptions now, plus a Vitamin E supplement that I take every day. I then stopped at Mom’s and gave her a belated Mother’s Day hug, since I hadn’t been able to make connections with her Sunday.

I’m sorry to say that neither my mother nor my wife has voted since they went to electronic voting here (10 years ago?). I truly believe that’s why they went with it, since so many older (and thus more conservative) voters would feel uncomfortable with it. I was against it because I realized the ease of hacking it, but progressives wanted it, citing “hanging chads.” Interestingly enough, the first case I heard of hacking was down south, where someone had it rigged so Trump votes were deleted in the REPUBLICAN PRIMARY. If they find a way to steal the nomination from Trump at this late date, I may do like Pumice is considering and not vote for the office of president. Unlike many folks, I see Cruz and his ilk as being part of the same herd of swine swilling slop at the government trough as is Hillary.

You know, I used to think that stores had way too many handicapped spaces but, over the last five years, I’ve seen them get to be always full, instead of always empty. We baby-boomers are fading fast! I had to stand my ground at both Kroger’s and the Chinese Emporium to keep others from stealing my spot.
Once inside, I was amazed at the number of people parking buggies in the middle of the aisle and going way down the aisle somewhere to gawk. It also aggravated me to see so many people having chat sessions in the aisle intersections, thus blocking folks in four directions People are so self-centered anymore!

There was a poor robin flying around in the store, not knowing how to get out. I suppose they just fly about spastically until they drop from dehydration or starvation.

Anticipating coming into a few bucks at a later date, I’m thinking of getting my fishing and hunting license this years for the first time in MANY years. Looking at fishing equipment, I noticed that everything that I picked up was made in China, even one-time American standbys like Zebco and Shakespeare. I decided to stick with my original plan to just use a green branch for a pole. At least it will be made in America! However, good ol’ Mepp’s is still churning out spinners right here in the good ol’ US of A. SO, PLEASE, anyone who uses spinners, buy MEPP’S spinners and keep America working!


I worked a little in the backyard when I got home. Just a few minutes a day is already showing some progress in cutting up the trees lying there. Also, though it was catastrophic in some ways my loss of computer files recently could have been worse. The same glitch that moved some files and deleted them, moved and saved others. It’s still aggravating, though. © 2016
-

8 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

I feel exactly like you do. Confused, angry and disgruntled. I've never seen such a revolting display in politics in my life. I have my fingers crossed for Trump.

Your're also right about our age group fading fast. Most of the people who were associated with embarrassing or other deeds in my past I don't want to remember are dead. So that's a good thing....

Lady Locust said...

I liken it to being in the red gang or the blue gang - they're both gangs. Same goes for Rep. and Dem.

Judy said...

When voting I always remember Stalin's words, "...The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything." I'm ready for the blue-haired old ladies from the League of Women Voters to go back to counting the votes.

Gorges Smythe said...

Age has its advantages sometimes, Harry lol

That's about the size of it, LL!

You and me both, Judy!

buddeshepherd said...

I like Mepps spinners. Have had better luck with them. Of course I am a terrible fisherman. So perhaps my opinion is not all that useful.

Gorges Smythe said...

It's hard to argue with success, Budd!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Our WalMart used to have birds flying around, I don't know how they stopped it. I suppose some would eat the grapes and other vegetables for awhile.

Gorges Smythe said...

Guess I couldn't blame them, Kathy. lol