Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Grump, Grumble, Gripe

-
Morning honestly wasn’t too bad. I woke up too early and couldn’t get back to sleep, so I took a shower. It wasn’t long, though, that I realized that if I didn’t get a LITTLE more sleep, I was going to feel like crap at my noon doctor’s appointment. So, I set the alarm and lay back down. I STILL woke up way before I needed, but I felt okay, so I guess my rest was enough. The sleep doc said that my apnea wasn’t too bad, but that I’d still benefit from a c-pap, so I said “fine, sign me up.” I came home sort of glad that I was still over a half-step from death’s door.

After munching on something that I don’t even remember now, I got the yard half-mowed before the mower went kaput. Same as last time—when I put the blades in gear, the engine dies. Plus, the mower deck is low on the “driver’s side” again. Now my lawn will be half-mowed for the Fourth. Rah! Rah!

I then called the trash company to ask them explain why my bank paid my last check to them, but they show that bill as unpaid. Of course they had no record of my payment, even though I gave them the date of my check, the account number, the routing number and the check number, and the fact that my bank had paid it. Of course, that wasn’t enough, I now need to contact my bank and have THEM fax a copy of the cancelled check to them. That’s okay; I’ll have them do that. I had to discuss this problem with someone in a company office clear out in Phoenix, Arizona, rather than the local office, so I think it’s time to switch to the local trash company.

My wife and I then took a jaunt to town to allow me to pick up some dope at the Kroger’s pharmacy. There were six people ahead of me and by the time I was done at the counter, my water pill had kicked in again, and I had to visit the filthy pig sty that Kroger’s calls a restroom.

On the way home, I stopped at the little country cemetery, where much of my family is buried, and retrieved some flowers and a flag from Dad’s grave before the guy that mows the place pitched them. That’s when my stomach cramps started. Thankfully, I made it home without having to stop the truck and dive into the woods. Apparently, last night’s mushrooms in Fettuccini Alfredo didn’t agree with me. Hey, I just remembered what I had for lunch—left-overs! I better take a little green pill if I don’t want a repeat of that experience!

Oh well, my day is done and TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY! (Of course I’ll have to start it with a call to the bank, though.) © 2016
-

6 comments:

Ralph Goff said...

I hope that cpap machine helps you Gorges. I hear a lot of good things about them. Sleep apnea can be pretty bad for your health from what I have read.

Lady Locust said...

Not sure if your lawn mower is a riding or push behind. If it's a riding, there is a sensor under the seat that kills it when you stand up. It could be a short in that wire - like when it gets hot it signals that you got out of the seat sorta thing. We had something along those lines, but different and that was the issue. I think it's great to make folks wonder :) Hey wonder why they only mowed half the yard? Next time you should mow in a design so when you are half way through, your design is complete. That'll really make 'em wonder. You could have great fun with that.

Gorges Smythe said...

It can raise your blood pressure for one thing, Ralph.

Better be careful making such suggestions, LL. I'm the guy that used to come home after a wild night of slurping Pepsi and eating popcorn down at my folk's place, to swing wildly off the highway and park in the middle of the front yard. Then, I'd stagger to the front door while singing at the top of my lungs (somewhat incoherently), just so the old gossip across the road would have something to tell the church ladies the next day!

Lady Locust said...

Woohoo! Love it:)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

It shouldn't be hard for them to find that payment with the clearing date, I can't imagine why they made you go through all that. It's misapplied of course.

Gorges Smythe said...

I thought you might, LL! ;-)

It was a young girl that I was speaking to, but she kept consulting her supervisor, so there was no excuse, Kathy; you're right.