Sunday, August 21, 2016

Three Weeks+ With A C-PAP Machine.

-
Some folks thought that I'd take a while getting used to having air blow in my nose but, actually, I had no trouble with it even the night I tried it during the test at the hospital. I have to use the little gizmos that fit over the nostrils rather than the whole nose, since the bridge of my nose is too narrow for the regular type to seal properly. I was told that I might lose a little weight after using it a short while, but that hasn't really been the case with me. For one thing, I've been on water pills for quite a while and have lost about 45 pounds of total fluid. Since I figured any weight loss due to the C-PAP would be fluid related, I really wasn't expecting much. Plus, the doctor said my apnea really wasn't that bad, so that would seem to predict a limited influence, also. What DID happen is that my weight has seemed to stabilize. The last three pounds that I had lost previously would be gone one day and back the next, like a yoyo. Now it's stabilized at the lower number. That's good, I guess. Also, I seem to be sleeping longer at a stretch most nights, in spite of still waking up to get rid of "water." - lol - That's good, too, I guess!
-

9 comments:

Gail said...

Good sleep is a great gift to enjoy.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I'm glad you are getting some improvement from it.

John Wooldridge said...

This age thingy does not come without its gifts Mr. Smythe, wanted or not!

Lady Locust said...

Stable is nice at times. Glad you seem to be doing better.
Keep Well~

Sixbears said...

I've been on a c-pap since '93. Never lost a pound on it, but it sure did clear up my fuzzy head. Also cut my coffee use back quite a bit.

Gorges Smythe said...

So true, Gail.

Thanks, Kathy.

Sad, but true, John!

Thanks, LL.

I'm more foggy than fuzzy, Sixbears, but maybe we mean the same thing! lol

HermitJim said...

Glad you are not having any trouble with the new routine. Hope it stays that way!

Chickenmom said...

Good news on the weight loss, too! Nothing makes you fell better than getting a good night's sleep!

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, Jim.

So true, Cm!