Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I Give Up

-
I believe this presidential election is the most important election in the history of the United States. We have a choice between a candidate that is literally serving Satan, and one that is talented, patriotic, and savvy, but who sometimes has all the charm of a bull moose. And then there are the “also rans”—the third party candidates; even their names don’t matter.

The intelligent folks long ago realized that there really WAS no choice if they valued the future of their nation. The haters, of course, are continuing to serve Satan, like their leader in the White House, and the one who is running to replace him. The third parties, for better or worse, are so minuscule in numbers that they serve no purpose, except to pull votes away from the patriotic candidate.

Amazingly, there are a huge number of folks out there who just can’t make up their mind about who they’re going to vote for; I call them “the mindless middle,” and I think that’s being overly kind. Now I’ve been reposting a LOT of political stuff that I see on Facebook, hoping that some of it will reach those poor mindless souls and get them to thinking. Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Even more interesting to me are the Christians, who somehow think that deliberately allowing Satan to win (by not voting, or going third party) somehow makes them more moral. I’ve had discussions with a couple of them lately and it seems to me that they like to cherry-pick Bible verse to back up their warped views of morality. I believe that God gave us a brain because He meant for us to use it, but many don’t seem to look at it that way.

Yes, I know that I don’t have the corner on the market on either morality or intelligence, but this election is so day and night that there’s no excuse for indecision or self-righteousness. Still, I’ve grown tired of the insanity. I’m old and in ill health, and this election is making me older by the day. I give up. I’m going to do my best to post no more candidate-oriented posts from here on out, though I may slip up on occasion and do it before I think.

This world is going to hell on a banana peel anyway (and is supposed to, temporarily, if you read Revelation), so let it go. From here on out, I’m just going to try to sit back and let the Satan-servers, the mindless and the self-righteous go skipping off to tribulation hand in hand. One last thought for the self-righteous, though, I was raised being taught that the church is raptured BEFORE the tribulation, but the more I study Revelation, the more it appears that just isn’t so. I might croak before it comes, I hope so, but guess where that leaves YOU! © 2016
-

5 comments:

Glen Filthie said...

Well Gorges, something stupid this way comes. You can't help us; we can't vote our way out of it - but thank you for trying.

Pumice said...

Actually I think that by reposting stuff you nudge us evil and self righteous morons toward rational decisions. I doubt if you will be able to stop. You are just having a bad day.

I continue to pray for your health, at least Monday through Friday.

Grace and peace.

Gorges Smythe said...

Sadly, I think you're right, Glen. When Bill Clinton was elected the second time, I remarked that the country was probably already past the point of no return, since the voters considered morals totally irrelevant.

So, Pumice, you're saying that I'll probably croak on a weekend? - lol

Caddie said...

Well, I made my mind up from the getgo. I feel I picked a winner. I pray the fence sitters will follow my instinct. Here is that intelligent wise quote again: If we keep on doing the same thing over and over, we will get the same result over and over. I wonder why no one picks up on fact that we continue to do this AND IT IS TIME FOR CHANGE. If not come Nov., I'm sure there will be change in other ways and probably not pretty either. We are fed up!

Gorges Smythe said...

Any intelligent person will agree with you, Caddie. Sadly the number of brain-dead folks grows daily.