Thursday, December 22, 2016

Another Thrilling Day

-
It wasn’t quite as cold as it had been lately when I took the dog out at 4am. I heard a barred owl in the main hollow, but only one, I think.

After a small and early lunch, we went to the Chinamart across town. I haven’t had any vitamins for ages, so I stocked up a bit. Not only did I get some stuff that I used to take for my heart, I also got a couple that might help the “cardboard on the bottom of my feet” feeling that I’ve had for ages. The operative word here is “might.” They’ve bothered me for long time, even though I’m still not diabetic. But a couple places online said such feelings could be caused by shortages of a couple vitamins, so I thought I’d see if they helped.

Even though I was using money budgeted for me, I still didn’t have enough to pick up the joint stuff I used to get, or the saline solution, Vicks or extra inhaler that I wanted. The remainder of my money went in the gas tank. I DID buy some groceries along with my stuff though, or I would have had enough for what I wanted. I took the stuff to the truck and returned to the store, since my wife was picking up groceries still. I’d planned to buy an “Old Farmer’s Almanac,” but they’re $7 now and, frankly, I’m not sure it’s worth that. I don’t plant by it anyway.

My wife got another snide remark today for riding one of the handicapped carts, this time from an old lady who was either too proud or too stubborn to use one herself. My wife looks about 15-20 years younger than she is, so people seem to assume that she’s just too lazy to walk. She has a bad left hip, though, so she needs a rider anymore, as do I. I keep telling her to bring her cane in and put in the basket, but SHE’S TOO STUBBORN. I’ve noticed that folks act more tolerant when they see a cane, as if it’s any of their business in the first place.

I’d hoped to do some small chores outside when we got home, but the wind was picking up and I had a headache. I took my new vitamins, ate a small supper with the missus and the pooch, watched the 700 Club with the missus and took a nap. When I got up, my headache was gone, and so was the pain in my feet, but NOT the feeling of cardboard on the bottom of them. It will be interesting to see if the pain stays away, or if it was just a fluke.

I’d hoped to watch Hannity at 10, but the missus has the sound down on the TV and is snoozing away, so I won’t wake her up. I’m getting “over computered,” though, so maybe I’ll go to the “library” and read a while.

I hope your day was more exciting than mine, but as they say, any day above the sod is a good day. I’m not so sure about that, but it makes a good quote to throw around. © 2016
-

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Any day we wake up in the morning is a good day. I am really appreciating the less than thrilling days. Sure beats stress and drama. :)

Sunnybrook Farm said...

I try and avoid going to the cmart as my feet feel bad after doing all that walking to the back of the store where most stuff I want is located.
I heard a hoot owl last night when I went to get another arm load of firewood. I am not sure if it was a barred owl, do they hoot? We usually have an abundance of screech owls.
I was busy yesterday scrounging old posts and roofing metal to rebuild the garden fence. If I can get it tight enough I may try growing corn this spring as I have been feeding coons with the old fence.

Pumice said...

The only vitamin I am taking is D so I have not done any real comparisons but I find that the sales they have at Cosco give me the best prices. If you don't have a card you might know someone who does. Or it could be a total wast of time.

Grace and peace.

Gorges Smythe said...

I can't disagree with that, Vicki.

They both hoot, SF, but the hoots are different. You can probably find their calls online.

I don't think we even HAVE a Cosco in my area, Pumice.