Monday, April 24, 2017

My Day’s Work – Complete With Photo (Brace Yourself)

-
Click image to enlarge.

See the outhouse door handle/outbuilding door handle/toolbox handle mounted next to the door? That’s it—my day’s work! Well, okay, about five minute’s worth of work, maybe 10 if you count getting my tools and consulting the missus on the proper height for her usage in making the step up into the house more safely. It’s only the first in what I believe will be a long list of things to make our dotage more favorable to its healthy extension.

I DID go to the doctor this morning for my “six-month check-in so he can collect more money from the state” appointment. I managed to snag an application form for a new handicap tag for my rear-view mirror, and one for my wife, while I was there. Mine runs out in June and she’s never had one. Despite all of her efforts to stay healthy and active, she sometimes has a harder time getting around that I do these days. Of course she’s got a few years on me, so that shouldn’t be a surprise.

I also took her and the pooch on an early evening truck ride in the rain. We splurged and used a coupon at Arby’s for three roast beef sandwiches for $5, one for each of us. Having bought drinks at Burger King and eaten our sandwiches, my wife hand fed the Mighty Dachshund her sandwich while I was visiting the "little room' there.

The little pooch is now sleeping soundly in front of the TV now, since her belly is full. I dutifully watched MASH with the missus for an hour, before typing this up. It’s now time for my nightly call to Mom and then I’ll either see if the missus has found something interesting on the idiot box, do some research online or go upstairs and check for something on TV myself. All in all, it’s been another exciting day on Tick Ridge! © 2017
-

8 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

There is a handle just like that beside my mother's door for her to grab onto when she steps up. No need for the expensive version.
You are a stronger man than I am if you can sit through an hour of MASH.

Ralph Goff said...

One small step forward at a time. And I can sit through watching Mash if somebody else has the remote. But in all honesty I can find more entertainment on youtube these days. With the exception of the Knowledge network, PBS and Vision tv of course.

Gorges Smythe said...

I just do it to please my wife, SF. They do too much 70's era hippy politicking to suit me.

I feel the same, Ralph.

Harry Flashman said...

Sounds like things are more exciting at your location than at mine. We haven't been off the mountain top since Friday. Today I have an excuse to get out for awhile since I have a routine doctors appointment in the next county. Maybe I need to start playing golf again....

Gorges Smythe said...

I guess that would pass the time until squirrel season, Harry.

Joy said...

You have a really cool front door, rustic. I like it.

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, Joy, I made it when I built the house 37 years ago. The stained glass is purple and green and came from a house being demolished in a nearby town in the next state, where I was working at the time.

Greg Daggett said...

I'm with Joy, nice door.