Friday, April 21, 2017

Not Much Going On

-
All I got done yesterday, other than entertain the wife and dog, was to creosote part of my sawmill frame. I did get a little porch sitting done lately with the pooch, both by day and by night. I’ve been hearing whippoorwills at night, but no crazy “night-owl” mockingbird – until last night. I don’t know what it is about mockingbirds, but sometimes, they sing day and night.

I picked up some of my meds today at Kroger’s. They used to be completely free; now four are $1 each, one is $1.50 and one is $3. I certainly can’t complain, some folks have to pay thousands of dollars a month. I also went next door to the hardware store to pick up three items. They had one, were out of another, and can’t even get the third one in anymore! When I got back home, I recovered the sawmill frame with a tarp, plus covered the lawn mower. I would have sat on the porch with the pooch for a while, but the neighbor was moving a travel trailer around and I didn’t want him to think I was snooping.

Tomorrow is our main Chinamart day, plus, I have to pick up groceries for Mom. Some weeks, she makes it out herself, this week, she didn’t. Even though I know that Christians aren’t bound by Jewish law, I feel it’s still disrespectful of the Sabbath to be doing business on the day. However, I don’t wish to spend my life arguing, so I go. I hope everyone out there has a nice Sabbath. © 2017
-

5 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

Where did you find creosote? I thought that stuff was banned years ago. I got some of it on me a long time ago and it ate the hide right off me. Not much going on around here either. People aren't posting much, at least on the blogs I read regularly.

Sunnybrook Farm said...

Raining down this way not much work going on here, supposed to be more tomorrow. Maybe I will remember to check to see what is on the woodwright.

Gorges Smythe said...

Harry, I found about a gallon left in an old five gallon can that I had in the basement. I added an equal amount of used motor oil to try to stretch it out. You need an applicator's license to order it now.

You were probably disappointed,SF.

c w swanson said...

Sounds like a productive day to me. Porch sitting at night seems to me to be especially restorative to the soul, and you are sharing that time with the hound - double good. I'd call all that a resounding success.

Gorges Smythe said...

LOL - you may be right, CW.