Monday, May 15, 2017

Some Evening!

-
I didn’t have my Entresto (a kill you or NOT cure-you heart medicine) last night or this morning, so I planned a run to the Kroger Pharmacy this evening to get it. First, I went to my sister’s house where she was supposed to be parting with some tools that belonged to my maternal grandfather. I could tell they weren’t his, but I DID take an old Austrian-style scythe blade that was hanging on the wall. Then, I went to Mom’s apartment to see if anything in the fridge needed ditched, since she’s been at the physical therapy place for a week now. I ditched about a cup of blinky milk and gave some un-opened chicken salad and three bananas to the neighbor lady. I also kept a half container of ham salad for myself. The missus was getting hungry by that time, so we made a “run for the border” and got a couple tacos for more than they were worth.

On the way to Kroger’s, I was going the suggested safe speed of 20MPH around a bend of a city street, when the thirtyish buckeye behind me laid on the horn, then sped around me on a double-yellow line, almost hitting the motorcyclist coming in the other lane, talking on his cell phone the whole time.

At Kroger’s, I realized that I hadn’t gotten my wallet when I’d changed jeans earlier in the day, so I went back to the truck to get some change out of the ash tray and went back in. Then, the new guy at the pharmacy counter tried to charge me $490 for the medicine. I told him that that was a bit much, so he eventually had to get an older employee to help him get it straightened out. THEN, the computer demanded that I show my new insurance card, which I didn’t have, since my wallet was at home. So, I guess I’ll go back tomorrow!

Although it was a minor thing, when I got home, I couldn’t check the mailbox, because the neighbor was mowing around them. I went back later, but it turned out there was no mail for us today, anyway. I should have just stayed in the house today! – LOL © 2017
-

4 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

You get a chance to do the day over again!

Gorges Smythe said...

You mean like Groundhog Day, SF?

Pumice said...

I hope if you do the day over again it doesn't go the same way.

Grace and peace.

Gorges Smythe said...

LOL - I can't say that it improved much, Pumice!