Sunday, May 21, 2017

When It Rains…

-
…it pours, they say. However, there’s nothing major going on, really. I got a call from the therapy center yesterday at 9AM telling me that Mom had dropped her lower plate and broken it. We were going to town anyway, so we left early, picked up her broken denture and swung by her “denture doctor,” but he was closed on Saturday, as I suspected. I called Mom later and told her that she’d have to “gum it” over the weekend. She didn’t seem to think that was a problem.

The rehab center keeps moving her boot-out date up for some reason. I don’t know if they want the bed for someone else, or just what. It was set for this coming Saturday, then Friday, and now they’re talking about Tuesday. I’m going to try to reach her regular doctor tomorrow and see if she thinks that’s wise.

I picked up my lower-priced meds from Kroger’s today and they were about three times what they quoted me on paper the other day. I think they quoted me some co-pay or some such thing, instead of the full retail as I’d asked. I’ll be looking into it. So far, four of my followers have given me links where I can find less-that-retail prices, plus, I found one in my files. I go to my heart doctor’s office tomorrow to get some samples, so he may have some suggestions, too.

After I came out of Kroger’s, the missus went in a few minutes, while I dog-sat. When she returned, she was worn out from walking (I don’t know why she didn’t use a rider) and left the cart between our truck and the car in front of us. As my wife climbed in, the old f_rt in that car came back to the rear of his car looking angry and accusing the missus of hitting his car with the buggy. I told him to save it for someone who believed his lies and pulled away as he shouted that he had my license number. I told him that I couldn’t care less and drove on. I suppose he was hoping to extort some cash from us. The WORST that could have happened was that the cart rolled a foot or two on its own, AFTER my wife had left it (the lot slopes), but even if so, it might have touched the BUMPER of his car, NOT any painted area. Some people are real pieces of work. It was an OLD car, by the way.

That was my life in the geezerly lane for this weekend, folks. Hope yours was a good one! © 2017
-

5 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

The more I stay at home the better, society entropy in action.

Sixbears said...

Some people, right?

Glad you are following up on finding meds. Hope you find a good solution.

Gorges Smythe said...

Wise words, SF!

Yeah, Sixbears, I'll do what I can.

Joy said...

I agree with Sunnybrook. The rewards are two-fold: save money and your sanity.

Gorges Smythe said...

Good points, Joy! - lol