Monday, June 19, 2017

For Those Who Like The "F-word"

-
Some folks use the f-word, or one of its variants, for every existing part of speech. It has become so much a part of our national (and maybe international) conversation that most people never know when they say it or hear it. For those of us who actually listen for meaning in a conversation, the word’s usage makes its user sound like an idiot.

Don’t agree? Then take my challenge! Since “F___” has the same meaning as “copulate,” replace the f-word  with the word “copulate” (or its appropriate variant) in your conversation for a few days. If you think it sounds stupid when you say it, remember that is exactly what you sound like when you use the f-word. © 2013

As you see, this is an old post that I'm recycling, not because I'm deliberately trying to insult anyone, but simply because that's the way it is.
-

6 comments:

Ralph Goff said...

I absolutely agree Gorges. The word has lost it's purpose and just sounds ridiculous the way some people overdo it. Although I'll use it myself when things go wrong but not when anybody else is around.

Vicki said...

I told my kids that I considered those who used the f-word to be too stupid to find a better alternative. They may use it elsewhere, but never within my hearing. :)

Rozy Lass said...

I wish I could get our nasty neighbors to understand this.

Gorges Smythe said...

I've managed to stop using it even then, Ralph. Now if I could just refrain from saying "sumbich" under my breath when I get angry! - lol

Good for you, Vicki. I hate hearing that and the Lord's title or name being taken in vain. I'm reasonably tolerant of most other things except for body parts.

Some folks have no idea how foolish they sound, RL!

Pumice said...

I did something like this at school except I used "sexual intercourse" instead. They had a hard time wrapping their minds around that and would never get copulate although it does lend itself to all the variations much better.

Grace and peace.

Gorges Smythe said...

There is utterly no logic to the usage of the word, Pumice, but then you know that.