Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Not A Bad Day

-
I usually do well to accomplish one thing a day, anymore. Today was a tiny bit different. It was partly sunny, reasonably cool and there was a slight breeze. So the first thing I did was to rake the remaining leaves from around the house, so the mower could chew them up. Then I cut a few weeds that had come up near our porch. Next, I split a little firewood and cleaned up my front-lawn “log-yard” a bit so I could get around everything better with the mower. Lastly, I pulled my old log trailer from the place out by the road where I tried to sell it a couple years ago and put it down by my mill frame, so I can use it to stack lumber on. It took me quite a while to do all that, but I feel good about it, even if my legs feel a little weak and shaky now.

The missus pulled her strange timing thing on me again, though. I never saw anyone wait until you’re doing something they actually WANT YOU TO DO to start complaining about it. It makes me want to put my tools away and go sit in the swing, except I have to live here too, and want the place looking better the same as she does. Oh well, anymore I just try to ignore her quirks and just let her fret about mine if she chooses.

If the weather holds tomorrow, maybe I’ll get the yard mowed. It needed mowed last week, but I didn’t have the gas. It’s supposed to rain here Thursday, so I’ll keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow! © 2017
-

6 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

A little bit at a time, it was nice weather here as well, if it would stay like this I would get more done in the afternoons.

Vicki said...

At the end of the day it is a good feeling to know that you have accomplished what you wanted to. :)

Gorges Smythe said...

Understood, SF.

Yes it is, Vicki.

Lady Locust said...

It always feels good to accomplish something. If it makes a visual difference, it seems to feel even better. Have a great day!

Glen Filthie said...

I am daring the weather gods too, Gorges. If I time it wrong and the rain hits - by the time it dries out enough for me to mow - the grass is 8 feet tall! :)

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks, LL!

It only gets three feet high here, Glen; the ground is too poor. ;-)