Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Too Dern Hot!

-
It was entirely too hot for this old geezer to do anything outside today, so I ended up napping for two hours this afternoon, rather than one. My sleep pattern is all messed up, but with this heat, it’s not like it’s affecting anything worthwhile. There’s nothing on TV worth watching, but the missus perseveres and I spend too much time on the computer. The dog naps a lot.

I can’t remember if I mentioned that I put some Freon (or whatever it may be) in my truck A/C, but I did and it helped. It got up to 93 in town today when we went in to run an errand, so I’m glad the A/C was “percolating.” It hadn’t been bad on my side, but it wasn’t blowing very cold on my wife’s side, so she was really happy about the change. As near as I can tell, I only used about half the can.

Somewhere along the way, somebody lost the little cap that covers the valve where you put it in, and the ones in the “kit” I got to tighten the valve were both too large. So today I got a little rubber stopper at the hardware store and rasped it down where it would “screw” into the opening above the valve.

We’re trying to sell a few things on Facebook, but no-one around here has any money, so we basically have to give it away. Rather than fool with people for pennies on the dollar, we sometimes just take stuff to the Salvation Army and let THEM deal with it. It doesn’t put any money in OUR pocket, but at least whatever few cents they get out of things goes to a good cause.

All my jeans are basically worn out, except one miserably uncomfortable pair that I bought online. I wear them anyway, though, since there are none to buy around here. Maybe I’ll just get some gunny sacks and turn them into kilts; THAT should turn a few heads and be cooler besides! (I suspect a good dose of fabric softener would make them more comfortable, especially if I go “commando!”)

I think I’ll leave you tonight with that vision of loveliness rattling around your head. Stay cool! © 2017
-

5 comments:

Lady Locust said...

Have a good evening Gorges. Say will Mrs. let you wear overalls yet?

Gorges Smythe said...

lol - I couldn't find a pair my size if I wanted to, LL!

Sixbears said...

I just got a pair of pants in the mail yesterday. There is no way I can buy anything locally. Maybe kilts are the way to go!

Pumice said...

Kilts are quite the rage in the hacker community. They even have strategic kilts, whatever that is. Remember that is you wear a kilt you need high socks and a dagger to tuck in the top. Maybe you could sell pictures.

Grace and peace.

Gorges Smythe said...

Heck, Sixbears, you may be far enough off the main track that you could just be a nudist when you're at home! I think I'd worry about splinters, though.

Don't give me any ideas, Pumice; it scares the missus!